Metalink Python stuff on PyPi?

Anthony Bryan

Aug 31, 2012, 12:56:26 PM8/31/12
to Metalink Discussion
would it be possible/useful to get metalink stuff available on PyPi?

Tatsuhiro just submitted python-spdylay and said it was relatively
easy but the setup script may need to adjust for pypi and the tutorial
was useful.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi

--
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
)) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads

Neil M.

Aug 31, 2012, 1:39:54 PM8/31/12
to metalink-...@googlegroups.com
Yes that is probably easy enough, I've done some setup.py work before,
Appupdater is especially complex. The stuff in the Metalink repository
should be comparatively easy. I'd like to get a better idea how
dependencies in PyPi work though, for example if I make a "Metalink
Library" release can "Metalink Checker" and "Metalink Editor" just
reference that without crashing on the user because of a missing library?
What about the GUI components for Metalink Editor? Or should I just
package it all together like I've been doing?

Neil

On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 12:56:26 -0400, Anthony Bryan <anthon...@gmail.com>