Metalink & Google Code-in?

瀏覽次數:7 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Anthony Bryan

未讀,
2012年10月31日 凌晨3:48:322012/10/31
收件者:Metalink Discussion
should we apply for Google Code-in? it's like GSOC but for younger
students, with much smaller tasks, and possibly more hand holding.
I can help w/ the non-coding tasks if no one else wants to.

some sample tasks: http://code.google.com/p/google-code-in/wiki/GCIExampleTasks

----

Google Code-in is a contest for pre-university students (e.g., high
school and secondary school students ages 13-17) with the goal of
encouraging young people to participate in open source.

For many students the Google Code-in contest is their first
introduction to open source development. For Google Code-in we work
with open source organizations, each of whom has experience mentoring
students in the Google Summer of Code program, to provide "bite sized"
tasks for participating students to complete.

The tasks are grouped into the following categories:

Code: Tasks related to writing or refactoring code
Documentation/Training: Tasks related to creating/editing documents
and helping others learn more
Outreach/Research: Tasks related to community management,
outreach/marketing, or studying problems and recommending solutions
Quality Assurance: Tasks related to testing and ensuring code is of high quality
User Interface: Tasks related to user experience research or user
interface design and interaction

Students earn one point for each task completed. Students will receive
a certificate for completing one task and can earn a tee shirt when
they complete three tasks. At the end of the contest each of the ten
(10) open source organizations will name two (2) grand prize winners
for their organization based on the students' body of work. The twenty
(20) grand prize winners will receive a trip to Google's Mountain
View, California, USA headquarters for themselves and a parent or
legal guardian for an awards ceremony, an opportunity to meet with
Google engineers, and have a fun day in the San Francisco sun.

--
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
)) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads