Metalink News : 05 Oct 2009

Ant Bryan

Oct 5, 2009, 9:47:33 PM10/5/09
to Metalink Announcements
Internet Draft: Metalink Download Description Format
Internet Draft: Metalink/HTTP: Mirrors and Checksums in HTTP
Headers
Will SourceForge add Metalink support?
Updated: aria2, DTA, KGet, MirrorBrain, mulk, Retriever
Internet Draft: Metalink Download Description Format

An updated Internet Draft describing the Metalink format has been
submitted to the IETF.
We're looking for review and public comments and we think this version
is almost done.
If you haven't taken the time, please give it a quick look!

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-metalink

with interim revisions at
http://metalinks.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/metalinks/internetdraft/

Details on it and what software currently supports it:
http://groups.google.com/group/metalink-discussion/web/internetdraft

Internet Draft: Metalink/HTTP: Mirrors and Checksums in HTTP
Headers

An updated Internet Draft describing the Metalink/HTTP has been
submitted to the IETF.
It's Mirrors and Checksums in HTTP Headers.
This is a very early version, but we're still looking for review and
public comments.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-metalinkhttp

with interim revisions at
http://metalinks.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/metalinks/internetdraft/

Details on it and what software currently supports it:
http://groups.google.com/group/metalink-discussion/web/metalinkhttp

Updated: aria2, DTA, KGet, MirrorBrain, mulk, Retriever

Some Metalink related software has been updated.

http://aria2.sourceforge.net/
http://www.downthemall.net/
http://www.kde.org/
http://www.mirrorbrain.org/