Cross-Domain MetaDL - ML Contests Research

Harald Carlens

Dec 14, 2022, 8:37:56 AM12/14/22
to metalearni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cross-Domain MetaDL challenge team,

I hope you're doing well. My name is Harald, I'm an ML researcher and I run mlcontests.com which lists machine learning competitions.

I am currently doing some research into ML competitions which took place in 2022, and I would love to include your Cross-Domain MetaDL 2022 challenge in my research report.

Last year I did a basic version of this report - this year's will be much more in-depth, and I'm trying to include more competitions which took place on independent platforms (i.e. not on Kaggle!).

I was wondering if you would be able to help me gather some data for your competition.

Would you be willing to put me in touch with the winning team for each of the tracks, or send them this form to fill in? https://forms.gle/uhXUX3n3uqjbZ62q9 (they'll get $100 in cloud credits)

Deadline for responses is 20th January 2023.

In addition to this, I would love it if you could confirm/provide the below for each track:
- A brief description of the track
- What was the total cash prize pool? (not including any compute credits)
- Who were the sponsors?
- How many teams were there with valid entries? (i.e. how many teams on the leaderboard)
- How many people were part of the winning team?
- What country is the winning team primarily based in?
- Is there a public write-up/repository of the winning solution you could share?
- If there was a public leaderboard separate from the final/private leaderboard, what was the public leaderboard (i.e. public evaluation set) rank of the winning team?
- What is the total size of the dataset made available to competitors, in GB?

Thanks for your time!
Harald Carlens
https://www.linkedin.com/in/harald-carlens-b04b5b22/

Isabelle Guyon

Dec 14, 2022, 10:25:58 PM12/14/22
to Harald Carlens, metalearni...@googlegroups.com, Dustin Carrión, Adrien Pavao, Marco Ciccone
Dear Harald,

This is great!!
Let me put you in touch with Dustin who is th principal organizer of the challenge and with Adrien who will be very interested in what you are doing because he was also trying to collect statistics about challenges.

I am also copying Marco Ciccone who is putting together a questionnaire for challenge organizers and could get inspired by your questions.

Best regards,

Isabelle