Cross-Domain MetaDL competition

madclam

Jul 9, 2022, 11:40:44 AM7/9/22
to metalearningchallenge
logo_cross_domain_metadl.png

NeurIPS’22 competition, with code submission

What: Create a few-shot learning classifier capable of tackling image classification problems from a wide variety of domains (objects, vehicles, plants, animals, OCR, satellite images, microscopy images, etc.), in the range [2-20] classes and [1-20] training examples per class. Meta-Learn the classification algorithm by using meta-training data, not used to carve out tasks on which it will be (meta-)tested, but from similar domains.

How: Join the Cross-Domain MetaDL challenge, https://codalab.lisn.upsaclay.fr/competitions/3627 open until September 1, 2022.
Special 4-hour bootcamp webinar  https://bit.ly/3ypnGnB
                 Saturday, July 16, 2022 at noon UTC (7 am Bogota, 2 pm Paris)

Why: Get a chance to
  • get up-to-speed, with our didactic on-line Meta-Learning tutorial (including the method which won our previous MetaDL challenge) and with our white paper describing the challenge and baseline results;
  • have a productive summer and propel your research to the forefront: we’ll invite top ranking participants to co-author a paper on post-challenge analyses, to be published in the NeurIPS proceedings of the competition track;
  • win in any or all 5 challenge leagues: Free-style, Meta-learning, New-in-ML, Women league, Participant of a rarely represented country (see rules);
  • enter a fair competition with code evaluated in controlled conditions on the challenge platform, in 2 phases with different datasets; the code of the participants outperforming the baseline method in the first phase have their code evaluated a single time on fresh data, invisible to the participants, in the final phase.

Who: Organizers and sponsors are gratefully acknowledged see https://metalearning.chalearn.org/.