Taking BMO outside from CAPM3

jan.t...@est.tech

Jul 5, 2021, 8:24:04 AM7/5/21
to Metal3 Development List

Hi everyone,

On last community meeting we were discussion about new Cluster API multi-tenancy model and possible changes that requires in metal3.

If we would like to support this new model with current CAPM3 implementation in which BMO is deployed as part of it, we would need BMO to be able to support CAPI multi-tenancy model as well. We had a long discussing that BMO will need to support multi-tenancy at some point, but that discussion needs more time.

To be able to support CAPI multi-tenancy model in upcoming CAPM3 v1alpha5, we would like to take BMO out. Meaning that users should deploy BMO separately to their clusters. The mechanism is the same that it was in CAPM3 v1alpha3.

We would like to know if there is any strong opinions against taking BMO out from CAPM3 among the users?

Best Regards

Jan Tilles