Finishing th master -> main transition

Ádám Rozmán

Sep 7, 2022, 3:00:52 AM9/7/22
to Metal3 Development List
Hi Metal3 community!

Kashif and me are planning to rename the master branches to main branch in the two last repo that have the incorrect names.

Affected repos:
   - https://github.com/metal3-io/static-ip-manager-image
   - https://github.com/metal3-io/ironic-hardware-inventory-recorder-image

Please be advised that we will wait until the 14th of September and postpone the process only if there is a serious reason to do so.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

BR,
Adam

Ádám Rozmán

Sep 16, 2022, 2:02:09 AM9/16/22
to Metal3 Development List
Hi Metal3 community!

As it was announced on 7th of September the last two repositories were transitioned from using master branch as the default branch to using main branch as the default.
Commands to update local forks:
git branch -m master main
git fetch origin
git branch -u origin/main main
git remote set-head origin -a

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

BR,
Adam