BMO: Make CAPM3 e2e tests optional

Lennart Jern

May 2, 2024, 3:30:04 AMMay 2
to Metal3 Dev
Hi!

The BMO e2e tests have proven themselves over several months now. They are on par with the CAPM3 tests regarding the BMO features they test and they do it faster and more efficiently. By requiring both CAPM3 and BMO e2e tests to run on all BMO PRs we make the PR process unnessarily heavy, time consuming and resource intense.

Based on this, I propose that we make the CAPM3-based e2e tests optional in BMO.

Let me know if you have any objections or concerns! The CAPM3 tests would still be possible to trigger. They would just not be required for merging.

Best,
Lennart Jern