DCO enforcement rollout cut-off

Adam Rozman

Dec 7, 2023, 8:42:30 AM12/7/23
to Metal3 Development List
Hi Metal3 community!

As the continuation of prior discussion of DCO (Developer Certificate of Origin) enforcement, on this week's community meeting  https://youtu.be/D7iEq0X8TVw we have identified a few PRs that we should merge before DCO is enforced (as agreed on previous meeting a week ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ScIghaBUh).

Please consider today (7th of December 2023) as a cut-off date for DCO, anything that wasn't identified as urgent during the meeting on 6th of December won't qualify as a reason to delay the DCO enforcement and has to be re-based and signed-off correctly after the enforcement goes live.

Since yesterday it looks like there is only 1 PR left to get merged before DCO enforcement goes live:

- https://github.com/metal3-io/baremetal-operator/pull/1480

There was an other still active PR identified but it has CI issues https://github.com/metal3-io/cluster-api-provider-metal3/pull/1311 . I think in the case of this PR let's re-base
this and sign this off correctly instead of waiting for it get merged.

If you have any question please reach out to me as a reply to this mail or on slack.

BR,
Adam

Adam Rozman

Dec 8, 2023, 4:52:35 AM12/8/23
to Metal3 Development List
Hi,

Both https://github.com/metal3-io/baremetal-operator/pull/1480 and https://github.com/metal3-io/cluster-api-provider-metal3/pull/1311 have been signed of correctly in the meantime, so DCO enforcement will be rolled out ASAP.

Thank you for your understanding, let's hope we can get this transition finished quickly with minimal inconvenience.

BR,
Adam