Fwd: [ironic] [tripleo] RFC: lzma vs gzip for compressing IPA initramfs

Dmitry Tantsur

Nov 26, 2020, 11:56:01 AM11/26/20
to Metal3 Development List
FYI folks. I know that the image size has been a recurring issue.

Nov 26, 2020, 5:07:09 PM11/26/20
to Dmitry Tantsur, Metal3 Development List
Since it varies so widely in size and CPU time, would it be reasonable to make it configurable and support both?

Dmitry Tantsur

Nov 27, 2020, 5:46:04 AM11/27/20
to Kevin Fox, Metal3 Development List
Given how metal3 is designed, we'll need to ship both then?