Application for 1Password

feruzjon....@est.tech

Mar 26, 2021, 4:35:02 AM3/26/21
to Metal3 Development List
Hello,

In Metal3, apart from Prow, we also support Jenkins setup, which is running integration tests on most of the Metal3 repositories. There are a couple of people in our team who are maintaining Jenkins CI infra. From time to time, we need to share credentials among those people who are supporting the CI. Until now we didn't have any secure means of sharing credentials  between each other.

CNCF supports [1] Open Source projects under its umbrella, to get a LastPass or 1Password or Keybase accounts for sharing credentials securely. As such, we wanted to apply for one of the options as CNCF sandbox/open source project. In particular,  we would like apply via [2] for 1Password, as we have some past experience with it.

Before applying, we wanted to verify with the community if there are any objections on this plan. If yes, please let us know, and we can discuss it further.

[1] https://github.com/cncf/servicedesk#tools
[2]  https://github.com/1Password/1password-teams-open-source
List of Jenkins jobs: https://jenkins.nordix.org/view/Airship/
Related documentation: https://github.com/metal3-io/project-infra/tree/master/jenkins