Fate of metal3-io/ironic-agent-image

Dmitry Tantsur

Sep 9, 2022, 10:02:41 AM9/9/22
to Metal3 Development List
Hi folks,

The repo in $subj was introduced as an attempt to bring our work of using CoreOS-based ironic-python-agent image upstream. Unfortunately, we've never had time to finish it, and with Steve moving on to other responsibilities, it's extremely unlikely that we ever will. The downstream version has already moved ahead of the metal3 one. Also since openshift/ironic-agent-image has support for OKD, it can be built without accessing paywalled OpenShift artefacts.

Does anyone have interest in using and maintaining metal3-io/ironic-agent-image? If not, I suggest:
1) Archiving and eventually removing metal3-io/ironic-agent-image
2) Removing scripts/configure-coreos-ipa and ironic-config/ironic-python-agent.ign.j2 from ironic-image (we don't even use them in openshift)

Thoughts?

Dmitry

--
Red Hat GmbH, Registered seat: Werner von Siemens Ring 12, D-85630 Grasbrunn, Germany
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Muenchen/Munich, HRB 153243,