Add Renovate to metal3-dev-env

Michael Captain

Jun 3, 2021, 9:06:25 AM6/3/21
to metal...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a proposal to add automated dependency management to the metal3-dev-env to help us keep versions of external software up to date.

The proposal has been discussed a couple of times at the community meetings and has passed lazy consensus. (Of course, if you have further thoughts on the proposal, please do add them to the PR).

Would it be possible for an owner of the metal3 organization to merge the proposal and install the Renovate application in GitHub for the metal3-dev-env?

Install -> Organization: metal3 -> Only select repositories: metal3-dev-env

I'll be able to look at configuring Renovate from the Onboarding PR in metal3-dev-env after that.

Thanks very much,

Michael

Zane Bitter

Jun 3, 2021, 12:02:29 PM6/3/21
to metal...@googlegroups.com
On 3/06/21 9:06 am, Michael Captain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a proposal to add automated dependency management to the
> metal3-dev-env to help us keep versions of external software up to date.
>
> https://github.com/metal3-io/metal3-docs/pull/178
> <https://github.com/metal3-io/metal3-docs/pull/178>
>
> The proposal has been discussed a couple of times at the community
> meetings and has passed lazy consensus. (Of course, if you have further
> thoughts on the proposal, please do add them to the PR).

Approved.

> Would it be possible for an owner of the metal3 organization to merge
> the proposal and install the Renovate application in GitHub for the
> metal3-dev-env?
>
> https://docs.renovatebot.com/install-github-app/
> <https://docs.renovatebot.com/install-github-app/>
> Install -> Organization: metal3 -> Only select repositories: metal3-dev-env

Done. (BTW Doug made me an Owner of the GitHub org.)

> I'll be able to look at configuring Renovate from the Onboarding PR in
> metal3-dev-env after that.

Cool. I didn't do the post-install onboarding
(https://app.renovatebot.com/post-install) on the assumption that that's
part of what you're referring to here, but let me know if you need me to
do anything else.

cheers,
Zane.

Michael Captain

Jun 8, 2021, 3:03:00 AM6/8/21
to Metal3 Development List
Wonderful, looks good, I'll start configuring Renovate. Thanks very much Zane.

Best regards,

Michael