Greetings Metal3 community!
Planning for the 2026 Metal3 Team Meetup (MTM) has started.
I have created an initial poll on Rallly, as Doodle is no longer free.
Please vote for the time slots that work for you. I will select the two options that receive the most votes.
The schedule is flexible. If we feel after the first session that additional time is needed, we can use the second slot or add more sessions as required.
Proposed schedule:
Previous discussions suggested holding the MTM around 09:00 UTC, as this would accommodate the largest number of participants.
Currently, the proposed timeframe is the two-week period from October 26 to November 6 (only working days). We are aiming for a maximum of two hours per day, so the event will most likely span multiple days depending on the number and depth of topics.
You can watch the preliminary discussion from the September 30 Metal3 Community Meeting recording here:
Note: The plan has been adjusted since the community meeting because I was reminded that "KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2026" will take place between November 9-12.
In order to fit between the Ionic PTG and the NA Con, I moved the time frame to one week earlier to October 26 through November 6.
Please let me know via Slack, email, or one of the upcoming Community Meetings if you see any issues with the current plan. Voting will remain open until the Community Meeting on October 21.
If the community decides that the currently proposed 2-week time frame is not suitable, I will send a follow-up email with an updated proposal.
Please propose new topics or re-use previously discussed topics.
The topics will be prioritized (based on the upvotes) during the final Community Meeting before the Metal3 Team Meetup.
I hope many of you will be able to participate and help shape the agenda.
Best regards,
Adam Rozman
Metal3 Maintainer