Parallel, multicore PF_RING IPS almost done

livio

Sep 6, 2011, 8:32:28 PM9/6/11
to Metaflows
We are working on the few last tests. PF_RING inline rocks! It turns a
$1000 machine into an high-performance IPS Snort appliance!

The core is done; we are now working on our UI and rule management
interface to make it extra easy to use.. For those of you that do not
want to spend days setting up your open source IPS, we will have a
turn-key download at nsm.metaflows.com. The current download does
passive PF_RING, in a few days you will get a check-box for Inline..

Stay tuned..

nima chavooshi

Sep 7, 2011, 1:39:19 AM9/7/11
to meta...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I am happy for hearing this news from you.
I will be appreciated that you provide your result tests about maximum bandwidth and your hardware and everything that can be useful.

Thanks a lot for your efforts