Currency Playshop

Michael Maranda

Dec 9, 2010, 7:59:09 PM12/9/10
to metacu...@googlegroups.com
Just thought I'd break the ice in this google group.  I'm participating in the Free Currency Playshop and have been looking at Flowplace as a result.

This has led to a lot of reflections on the platform and the potential for distributed applications ... Rich Internet Apps, Browser Extensions that would interact with a successor to Flowplace (or Flowplace itself) .... especially group/identity/transaction servers.  Is anyone currently working on the latter?

MM

Dante-Gabryell Monson

Dec 9, 2010, 8:13:39 PM12/9/10
to metacu...@googlegroups.com, ope...@googlegroups.com, Metacurren...@yahoogroups.com, Robin Upton
Hi Michael, ( cc: the other metacurrency project )

Though perhaps not necessarily as a browser extension ( ? ) ,

Michael Maranda

Dec 11, 2010, 4:09:48 PM12/11/10
to ope...@googlegroups.com, metacu...@googlegroups.com, Metacurren...@yahoogroups.com, Robin Upton
On Thursday, December 9, 2010 7:13:39 PM UTC-6, Dante-Gabryell Monson wrote:
Hi Michael, ( cc: the other metacurrency project )

Though perhaps not necessarily as a browser extension ( ? ) ,
I can think of Robin Upton's F2F

I thought perhaps to clarify --- I'm looking to tools that allow us an overlay on multiple contexts, without forcing us to go to yet a third place to track/log/transact, and which likewise aren't invasive of existing applications/content-contexts.  The latter invasiveness requiring either heavy integration with the application, or being incorporated in the application from the ground up.

Further, as many groups I work with are using multiple tools/spaces to coordinate, it's hard to maintain an integrated view, yet acknowledgements and transactions that operate as an overlay would allow this.

This will depend upon two aspects:  a transaction/identity/groupness server, and overlay-tools which allow us to operate and interact with the former from any context (like a wiki, or drupal site) or rather from many contexts not determined a priori.  Currently I am exploring strategies to achieve this through Rich Internet Apps and Browser extensions.

I like what I see in Flowplace and consider it as having great potential for a future iteration with APIs defined.

I hope that clarifies.  I'm still sketching out the requirements for my overlay-tool, and I realize I have not explained it well here.

MM

Michael Maranda

Dec 11, 2010, 4:10:06 PM12/11/10
to metacu...@googlegroups.com, ope...@googlegroups.com, Metacurren...@yahoogroups.com, Robin Upton

Dante-Gabryell Monson

Dec 13, 2010, 12:46:55 PM12/13/10
to metacu...@googlegroups.com, Michael Maranda, ope...@googlegroups.com, Metacurren...@yahoogroups.com
Hi Michael,

just brainstorming following your question.
I wonder if it could be possible to combine any tools in development such as flowplace and metacurrency,

with twitter,

and then use twitter tools, including browser applications such as

to send , receive, and overview messages/commands , with ones twitter account,
between users, and perhaps even between different "monetary systems" ( by using a different hash tag ? )

It could also potentially use "TwitLogic" :

"How Twitter Annotations Could Bring the Real-Time and Semantic Web Together" :