Defining Ontologies Collaboratively ? Re: Open Invitation to Create the Financial Institutions of the Future

Dante-Gabryell Monson

Jan 8, 2011, 11:12:13 AM1/8/11
to gifte...@lists.gifteconomy.org, ope...@googlegroups.com, Metacurren...@yahoogroups.com, metacu...@googlegroups.com, newecoh...@yahoogroups.com.au, Leander Bindewald, elf Pavlik, Robin Upton, Michel Bauwens, Geoff Chesshire
I am new to this,

but am curious about this ontology building tool
which could enable us to define ontologies together / engineer systems, compare them, combine them, ... ?

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtege

WebProtege is an open source, lightweight, web-based ontology editor. Our main goal in developing WebProtege is to support the process of collaborative ontology development in a web environment.

also see :

" suite of tools to construct domain models and knowledge-based applications with ontologies "

and the middle and end of this thread :

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Dante-Gabryell Monson <dante....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Trevor,

where would you/we like to start with ?

--------------------------------

I am personally interested in defining some semantic web "Transaction Contract" vocabulary.

I also know of some other projects which go in this direction - or can be directly compatible , such as the following protocols defined by Robin Upton

or other metacurrency ontology projects in development such as

----------------------

In addition, I remember another existing tool for recognition in a context of community building such as

Perhaps you know some other ones I may not be aware of... ?

Cordially
Dante

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Leander Bindewald <leander....@yahoo.com> wrote:
I´m not sure if your are also on this mailing list,
but I thought this post would be down your alley…

Big cheers, *L*

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

Von: Trevor Holland <trevor....@gmail.com>
Datum: 7. Januar 2011 13:17:14 MEZ
Betreff: [newecohumanity] Re: Open Invitation to Create the Financial Institutions of the Future

I particularly love the "reputation matrix" concept. I can envision this as a method to unite all of the reputations that we have as members of LETS, Freecycle, Community Exchange etc.

There's probably a Doctoral thesis in designing a data mining algorithm that can return a "grand unified Collaborative Communities reputation" for any person. If our reputations as collaborators in building communities are "bankable" new economic order, then we need to make sure that such an algorithm not only works, but is protected against fraud!

I've been confusing myself for months now, trying to think of ways to do this. .... hopefully discussions that flow from this  project will be very helpful in resolving this kind of dilemma.
regards
Trev
--
Trev Holland
+61 403 078 661

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Gerry Gleason

Jan 8, 2011, 11:57:14 AM1/8/11
to metacu...@googlegroups.com
I'm not new to ontologies, and I'm also very curious. As long as they
focus a lot on actual ontologies and not some narrow OO idea of what an
ontology is used for.

Gerry

> > Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe •
> > Terms of Use
> >
> > .
> >

> > __,_._,___

Arthur Brock

Jan 8, 2011, 3:14:48 PM1/8/11
to metacu...@googlegroups.com
Hasan started a bunch of work on define a currency ontology in Protege.

You can find it in the Protege Ontology Libarary under Monetary Ontology here: http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege_Ontology_Library

Also... Although it is not a true computing ontology, the decision map for currency design that I created could be very helpful. You can find it here: http://LifebloodDesign.com/currencymap

-art

Arthur Brock