Reflection 2019-06-01 HOW LONG

cagudelo

Jun 1, 2019, 12:37:53 PM6/1/19
to Messages of reflection about the search for God
HOW LONG (from the book Everyday wiser by Pastor Alejandro Bullon - reproduced with permission from the Inter-American Division Publishing Association)

How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? Psalms 13:1.

David's question is a question we ask ourselves often, in times of difficulty. The psalmist asked himself this question six times. Even the martyrs of the gospel asked: "How long, Lord?" *
I know there are such dark moments in life that, humanly, we feel that God forgot us. David went through many such moments. When he wrote this psalm, he was running away from Saul. They were difficult times. One day he even said that he was "one step away from death". **
Who are you running from today? What problem are you trying to forget? What kind of pressures do you face? By chance, did you already think that the only way out would be to abandon everything and disappear? Do you look around and you do not see light? Do you cry out and give the impression that God does not respond?
Every day we need to learn to deal with feelings. The feelings are often treacherous. When we are well, they make us feel that we are wrong, and vice versa. They distort reality. They put a blindfold on our eyes and prevent us from seeing the powerful hand of God.
The other day my wife and I flew from Charlotte to San Luis, in the United States. The sky was dark and it was raining quite a lot. When the aircraft started to gain altitude, we saw something that taught us a great lesson. The plane shook as it passed through the clouds, but in a few minutes it flew in a blue and calm sky, where the sun shone in all its splendor.
Oh! My friend, it may be that at this moment your life seems to be surrounded by dark clouds, but do not forget that above them, the sun shines. No clouds, no storm able to turn off the sun.
Therefore, do not despair. If God, in His infinite wisdom, allows you to live the moment you are living, it is because He has something better for you. Wait a little and the sun will shine again. God did not forget you. He does not nod or sleep, He is always vigilant. Therefore, do not ask yourself how David: "How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?"
* Revelation 6:10. ** 1 Samuel 20: 3.

Dear ones, I have EXCELLENT News: The Reflections EVOLVE as of February 28, 2018:
"... Each trip begins with its preparation ... but for the reasons that I am going to explain, the preparation for these trips began several years before they were realized ..."

Continue reading here: Read and study Memories of a Virtual Voyager, with lessons about Entrepreneurship and the search for God. Share http://auroratech.com.co/memories/

http://groups.google.com/group/messages-of-reflection-about-the-search-for-God
http://groups.google.com/group/mensajes-de-reflexion-sobre-la-busqueda-de-Dios
http://mensajesreflexionbusquedadios.blogspot.com.co/