Reflection 2020-07-19 GUARD YOUR HEART

1 view

dire...@auroratech.com.co

Jul 19, 2020, 9:27:18 AM7/19/20
to Director

GUARD YOUR HEART (from the book Everyday wiser by Pastor Alejandro Bullon - reproduced with permission from the Inter-American Division Publishing Association) #reflections

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23.

The discussion of that marriage at the door of the plane caught the attention of the passengers. No one understood anything. They were arguing in Spanish at the Sheremetevo airport in Moscow. They almost attacked each other. The funny thing is that they presented the documents in the migration sector and then, on the short journey to the plane, the passports disappeared. Result: They were unable to board and the flight was delayed. A poorly kept passport created a tremendous tumult, delayed the departure of the aircraft, and caused losses.

Today's proverb says: "Above all else, guard your heart." The heart is vital. Life ends when it stops beating. But it is not the physical aspect that the text highlights, it is the heart as the source of values. A life without values ​​is a life without meaning. When your heart is sick, your values ​​are sick. Everything is reversed and it is about justifying the most absurd attitudes.

Every day I ask God to keep my heart, because I feel the attacks of the enemy wanting to contaminate the source of my soul. I confess that I once faltered and my heart was reached. I felt my life running away, and I saw myself struggling, without strength, to remain standing. In those hours, how good it is to know that the one who guards the heart is God. Without Him, self-discipline, culture, self-control, and moralism fail to defend the inner citadel. And what is the use of pretending that everything is fine, pretending that I am good, if the waters inside are poisoned?

That day, the Air France flight from Moscow to Paris departed without two passengers. They had checked in, had the boarding pass in hand, but had not kept the passports.

I tremble just thinking that one day the Lord Jesus wants to see the passport of my heart and I discover that I did not keep it. All my life of spiritual activities in favor of so many people, it will have been in vain, I will remain with all those works in hand without being able to receive the welcome of Jesus. I lost the passport and also the trip.

Before starting the day's activities, I ask you: How is your heart? What are your motivations? Are you sure that the measure you are going to take today comes from a pure heart? Solomon says: "Above all else, guard your heart; for from it flows life."

Dear ones, I have EXCELLENT News: The Reflections EVOLVE as of February 28, 2018:

"... Each trip begins with its preparation ... but for the reasons that I am going to explain, the preparation for these trips began several years before they were realized ..."

Continue reading here: Read and study Memories of a Virtual Voyager, with lessons about Entrepreneurship and the search for God. Share

http://auroratech.com.co/memories/

http://groups.google.com/group/messages-of-reflection-about-the-search-for-God

http://groups.google.com/group/mensajes-de-reflexion-sobre-la-busqueda-de-Dios

http://mensajesreflexionbusquedadios.blogspot.com.co/

--
Regístrate, Estudia y Comparte nuestros boletines electronicos para saber cómo te podemos ayudar e impulsar nuestro trabajo.  Comparte: http://auroratech.com.co/blog/boletines-electronicos-video-newsletters/

Carlos Agudelo, PhD
Director & Founder  - AuroraTech
email: dire...@auroratech.com.co / cagu...@gmail.com