Reflection 2019-07-06 EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE

cagudelo

Jul 6, 2019, 9:57:12 AM7/6/19
to Messages of reflection about the search for God
EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE (from the book Everyday wiser by Pastor Alejandro Bullon - reproduced with permission from the Inter-American Division Publishing Association)

A sluggard buries his hand in the dish; he will not even bring it back to his mouth! Proverbs 19:24.

Pedro Lima, a friend of old times, told me that he once found a peasant, owner of a good piece of land, sitting, smoking a cigar of leaves, complaining about his terrible financial situation.
- Does corn work well? Pedro asked.
"Do not give, sir," replied the peasant, with a tune typical of the interior.
-Do you have cassava?
-Don't give, sir.
-Does soybeans, beans, something else?
-Don't give, sir.
- But you already planted something?
-I did not plant, sir.
Can you expect to harvest something that was never planted? Is it possible to spend your life lamenting the sad "luck", waiting with your arms crossed for "destiny" to be merciful to you? "The sloth puts his hand on the plate," says Solomon. The lazy wants, longs, dreams and waits, like every human being. See the plate of opportunities at his fingertips. Contemplate how the others get fed up with the delicious delicacies of prosperity, happiness and success. And he may put his hand on the plate, but he does not give himself the job of bringing the food to his mouth. He wants everything to happen by chance.
Wisdom leads the person to understand that every dream has a price, and that the price of sleep is work. Building a happy home, for example, requires effort. The easiest way is divorce. Being approved in an exam, requires hours of study, the simplest apology is to say that the test was very difficult. Educating morally and emotionally healthy children demands hours of patience and dedication, but the most attractive way out is to believe that by supplying their material needs, paternity has already been fulfilled. Making money is the result of work and self-control, although the most convenient solution is to play the lottery.
The figure that Solomon uses to describe the lazy is smiling; but, using irony, it shows the reality of many people who are not willing to pay the price of dreams. Before starting your activities today, think: What could I do to improve at least three aspects of my life?
Think about the spiritual, family and professional life. Are you willing to ask God for wisdom in order to prioritize the things that are really a priority? Does it work? Definitely! It's hard? Certainly! But remember the proverb: "A sluggard buries his hand in the dish; he will not even bring it back to his mouth”.

Dear ones, I have EXCELLENT News: The Reflections EVOLVE as of February 28, 2018:
"... Each trip begins with its preparation ... but for the reasons that I am going to explain, the preparation for these trips began several years before they were realized ..."

Continue reading here: Read and study Memories of a Virtual Voyager, with lessons about Entrepreneurship and the search for God. Share http://auroratech.com.co/memories/

http://groups.google.com/group/messages-of-reflection-about-the-search-for-God
http://groups.google.com/group/mensajes-de-reflexion-sobre-la-busqueda-de-Dios
http://mensajesreflexionbusquedadios.blogspot.com.co/