Reflection 2019-05-03 RESTORED LIFE

0 vue

Carlos Agudelo

non lue,
3 mai 2019, 09:21:5703/05/2019
à Carlos Agudelo

RESTORED LIFE (from the book Everyday wiser by Pastor Alejandro Bullon - reproduced with permission from the Inter-American Division Publishing Association)

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. Psalms 19:7.

I met Jean at the worst moment of his life. It was a night when he fainted while I presented the Word of God. At the end of the meeting they took him to my dressing room. "I was completely destroyed with my life. Unemployed, with the home undone, and slave of alcoholism. I thought it was not worth it to continue living." That night he had gone to the sports gym because a friend to whom he owed favors, insisted a lot. The message impacted his heart to the point of losing consciousness.

Three years later I saw him again in completely different circumstances. He was a manager of a medium-sized company, his home was rebuilt, he had overcome alcoholism and reflected happiness in his eyes.

That is what the psalm of today teaches: "The law of God is perfect, which converts the soul", that is, it restores. Restore means to do again, rebuild, recreate. For this reason, the Spanish version of the Bible uses the verb "convert".

In the original Hebrew the word law is Torah, which includes not only the decalogue, but all the biblical teachings. Literally Torah means instruction, direction, teaching.

We need to be taught, instructed and directed by the Word of God so as not to live destroying ourselves, seeking happiness; and if someone is already destroyed, he urgently needs to seek the teachings and the restorative power of the Word of God.

One day Jesus met a paralytic. That man lived dragging his humanity along the paths of life. He had no dreams, no plans, no future expectations. Only that painful, dark and hopeless present. But Jesus appeared and said, "Take your bed and walk." There was the Word of God. The order was "get up." The paralytic had only two options, believe or reject. He believed, got up and walked.

This is the restorative power of the divine Word. Restore the soul. He heals inside, he gives back hope and will, and gives wisdom to avoid the mistakes of the past.

Therefore, today, before facing the dangers hidden in the road, remember: "The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple."

Dear ones, I have EXCELLENT News: The Reflections EVOLVE as of February 28, 2018:

"... Each trip begins with its preparation ... but for the reasons that I am going to explain, the preparation for these trips began several years before they were realized ..."

Continue reading here: Read and study Memories of a Virtual Voyager, with lessons about Entrepreneurship and the search for God. Share http://auroratech.com.co/memories/

http://groups.google.com/group/messages-of-reflection-about-the-search-for-God

http://groups.google.com/group/mensajes-de-reflexion-sobre-la-busqueda-de-Dios

http://mensajesreflexionbusquedadios.blogspot.com.co/