Reflection 2020-01-01 KEEP LIES FAR FROM YOU

carlos agudelo

Jan 3, 2020, 9:22:50 AM1/3/20
to Carlos Agudelo

KEEP LIES FAR FROM YOU (from the book Everyday wiser by Pastor Alejandro Bullon - reproduced with permission from the Inter-American Division Publishing Association) #reflections

Keep your mouth free of perversity; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. Proverbs 4:24.

The letter ended like this: "If I could start all over again, I would do things completely differently." The author was a lady who said she had no friends. "Everyone rejects me. No one invites me at all," she lamented. She knew what the root of her problems was. "It's my mouth. I speak faster than I think," the letter concluded.

The truth is that words have a lot of power. They build or destroy. There is no word of neutral effects. The wise Solomon mentions the power of words at least 150 times in the book of Proverbs, demonstrating that the word is a matter of great importance.

Today's verse presents falsehood as an act of perversion. It is very hard, but it is real. God does not accept the lie in any case, because it is the antithesis of His character. Jesus is the truth.

The Lord Jesus Christ, referring to the devil, said: "He has not remained in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his; because he is a liar, and a father of lies." * Therefore, every liar is placed on the ground of the enemy of God.

The devil's first words, recorded in the Bible, are a blatant lie. "So God has said to you: Do not eat of every tree in the garden?" ** Since that day Satan did not stop lying. It presents false, deceiving, and seductive paths. It offers a minute of pleasure making you think that this is happiness, when behind, its intention is to destroy you.

Choose the truth, painful as it may be. The truth is like a clean wound, it can bleed and hurt, but it heals. While the lie is like a purulent wound. You disguise reality, you hide it for a while, but ultimately the lie kills you.

Lord, help me to walk the path of truth, because in it there is light and security, help me to flee from the lie, because its gloom confuses and deforms the reality of life.

Let that be your prayer. Leave home today ready to tell the truth. To live and even to die for her. Seek communion with the person Truth, who is Jesus, do not turn away from Him, let his wonderful light make your life transparent. "Keep your mouth free of perversity; keep corrupt talk far from your lips."

* John 8:44.

** Genesis 3: 1.

Dear ones, I have EXCELLENT News: The Reflections EVOLVE as of February 28, 2018:

"... Each trip begins with its preparation ... but for the reasons that I am going to explain, the preparation for these trips began several years before they were realized ..."

Continue reading here: Read and study Memories of a Virtual Voyager, with lessons about Entrepreneurship and the search for God. Share http://auroratech.com.co/memories/

http://groups.google.com/group/messages-of-reflection-about-the-search-for-God

http://groups.google.com/group/mensajes-de-reflexion-sobre-la-busqueda-de-Dios

http://mensajesreflexionbusquedadios.blogspot.com.co/

Regístrate, Estudia y Comparte nuestros boletines electronicos para saber cómo te podemos ayudar e impulsar nuestro trabajo.  Comparte: http://auroratech.com.co/blog/boletines-electronicos-video-newsletters/

Carlos Agudelo, PhD
Director & Founder  - AuroraTech
email: dire...@auroratech.com.cocagu...@gmail.com