Reflection 2020-01-26 SECURITY FOR ETERNITY

carlos agudelo

Jan 26, 2020, 10:14:45 AM1/26/20
to Carlos Gomez Carlos Gomez

SECURITY FOR ETERNITY (from the book Everyday wiser by Pastor Alejandro Bullon - reproduced with permission from the Inter-American Division Publishing Association) #reflections

Whoever fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for their children it will be a refuge. Proverbs 14:26.

Another translation of the Bible says: "In the fear of the Lord man has shelter, and that is refuge for his children." Were you ever surprised by a torrential rain in the middle of the street? Do you remember that you ran for a safe place to protect yourself? That place was a refuge in the middle of the storm. You only realize. of the importance of a shelter when you need it.

In today's text two words appear: trust and hope, or fortress and refuge. People seek security. No politician has the possibility of being elected without a good security program. Wealthy families spend a lot of money to protect their children. People protect their homes and insure their personal assets. Note, however, that the dangers of which they are protected are only physical hazards.

Today's message is the secret to protect yourself from dangers that have eternal consequences. Jesus himself said: "Do not fear those who kill the body, but the soul cannot kill." *

We human beings are by nature immediate. We only see the present and, in the best case scenario, the immediate future, the brevity of our existence. We care about what we see and touch. We do not see the eternal consequences of our actions.

Solomon mentions in today's text "the fear of the Lord." He says it is the best security program related to the destiny of the human being. In speaking of the "fear of the Lord," he is referring to respectful obedience to divine advice. No one who follows the road map runs the risk of getting lost on the road. The Bible is the map that indicates the glorious destiny that awaits you and your children.

Make this day a day of obedience. The most important ingredient in the life of a victorious person is an obedient servant's heart. It is not about cheap and irrational servility, but a conscious obedience to the advice of Someone who knows the way better than us.

The beneficiary will not be you only, but also your children. The power of your influence will lead the whole family to respect the protective principles of life.

With this thought in mind, face today's challenges. Do not worry. You are protected by the wonderful promises of God. And don't forget: "Whoever fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for their children it will be a refuge."

  • Matthew 10:28.

Dear ones, I have EXCELLENT News: The Reflections EVOLVE as of February 28, 2018:

"... Each trip begins with its preparation ... but for the reasons that I am going to explain, the preparation for these trips began several years before they were realized ..."

Continue reading here: Read and study Memories of a Virtual Voyager, with lessons about Entrepreneurship and the search for God. Share http://auroratech.com.co/memories/

http://groups.google.com/group/messages-of-reflection-about-the-search-for-God

http://groups.google.com/group/mensajes-de-reflexion-sobre-la-busqueda-de-Dios

http://mensajesreflexionbusquedadios.blogspot.com.co/

Regístrate, Estudia y Comparte nuestros boletines electronicos para saber cómo te podemos ayudar e impulsar nuestro trabajo.  Comparte: http://auroratech.com.co/blog/boletines-electronicos-video-newsletters/

Carlos Agudelo, PhD
Director & Founder  - AuroraTech
email: dire...@auroratech.com.cocagu...@gmail.com