Reflection 2020-07-12 GIVE THANKS

1 view

dire...@auroratech.com.co

Jul 12, 2020, 2:00:06 PM7/12/20
to Director

GIVE THANKS (from the book Everyday wiser by Pastor Alejandro Bullon - reproduced with permission from the Inter-American Division Publishing Association) #reflections

I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High. Psalms 7:17.

It is common to thank for something good that happened to you; but, thank for a favor that you did not receive? The psalmist says: "I will praise God according to His justice." He did not thank for what he believed to be a reason for gratitude. He thanked according to the "justice" of God, and divine justice is not always like the justice of men, because the "man sees what is before his eyes, but the Lord sees the heart." *

Imagine your son in the hospital, struggling between life and death due to a traffic accident. You believe that God has power to save your son's life, you kneel down and pour your soul before the Lord. You pray all night. You cry and wait. The next day, the doctors give you the sad news that your son passed away. Is it cause for gratitude? Why didn't God heal him? You do not understand. Not today. In this life, maybe not. But one thing is certain: nothing happens without divine permission. And God is a just God. His justice is always for your good, even if you don't understand it. This is the reason for gratitude, despite how difficult it is to thank in adverse circumstances.

When the psalmist wrote today's message, he was going through a moment so painful that it led him to think: "If I did what they blame me for, the key enemy on the ground is my life!" He thought that behind all that suffering there had to be a reason. Somehow he felt guilty. But, despite the difficulties, he thanked God because he knew that God is never wrong, that his judgments are always fair and that he is always in control of everything that happens under the sun.

To be grateful means to recognize oneself as a debtor. In Portuguese, when giving thanks, you say: "Obligado", because you feel obliged to return the favor. In this text, what does God expect of you? Nothing, just that you trust him, that you believe that he is your loving Father and that he did not abandon you.

So today before starting the struggle of life, take refuge in your inner world and say: " I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High."

* 1 Samuel 16: 7.

Dear ones, I have EXCELLENT News: The Reflections EVOLVE as of February 28, 2018:

"... Each trip begins with its preparation ... but for the reasons that I am going to explain, the preparation for these trips began several years before they were realized ..."

Continue reading here: Read and study Memories of a Virtual Voyager, with lessons about Entrepreneurship and the search for God. Share

http://auroratech.com.co/memories/

http://groups.google.com/group/messages-of-reflection-about-the-search-for-God

http://groups.google.com/group/mensajes-de-reflexion-sobre-la-busqueda-de-Dios

http://mensajesreflexionbusquedadios.blogspot.com.co/

--
Regístrate, Estudia y Comparte nuestros boletines electronicos para saber cómo te podemos ayudar e impulsar nuestro trabajo.  Comparte: http://auroratech.com.co/blog/boletines-electronicos-video-newsletters/

Carlos Agudelo, PhD
Director & Founder  - AuroraTech
email: dire...@auroratech.com.co / cagu...@gmail.com

cagudelo

Jul 12, 2020, 2:48:23 PM7/12/20
to Messages of reflection about the search for God

El domingo, 12 de julio de 2020, 13:00:06 (UTC-5), director escribió:

[...]

When the psalmist wrote today's message, he was going through a moment so painful that it led him to think: "If I did what they blame me for, let the enemy bury my life on the ground!" He thought that behind all that suffering there had to be a reason. Somehow he felt guilty. But, despite the difficulties, he thanked God because he knew that God is never wrong, that his judgments are always fair and that he is always in control of everything that happens under the sun.