Re: [MESSAGEix] issue of generating output gdx file

Matthew Gidden

Jul 16, 2018, 4:41:40 AM7/16/18
to GUO Fei, VINCA Adriano, VAN RUIJVEN Bas, message_ix
Hi Fei,

I don't think I've seen this issue before, but it could have to do with how paths are interpreted in R. @Adriano, @Bas, either of you seen it?

Cheers,
Matt

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 4:13 PM, GUO Fei <guofe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear developer,

After running the solve command, I got an error message as below:

--- Warning: The GAMS version [24.8.5] differs from the API version [24.8.3].
Error in .jcall("RJavaTools", "Ljava/lang/Object;", "invokeMethod", cl,  :
  com.gams.api.GAMSException: Could not create GAMSDatabase instance from non-existing gdx file [MsgOutput_LED.gdx]
Called from: .jcheck(silent = FALSE)
Browse[1]> Q

I have the data,gdx file created successfully in the "Data" folder. Could you please give me some suggestions on this? Many thanks!

Best regards,
Fei

Matthew Gidden

Jul 16, 2018, 4:52:08 AM7/16/18
to VINCA Adriano, VAN RUIJVEN Bas, GUO Fei, message_ix
Ah great. Fei, would you mind making an issue in ixmp that we should warn the user if the error seen is a license problem?

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 10:50 AM, VINCA Adriano <vi...@iiasa.ac.at> wrote:

Hi,

Also, the version of ixmp was not the latest, so was missing the update in which the model is in the message_ix/message_ix/model subfolder.

Best,

Adriano