GAMS system directory not specified

Bassam Javed

Jun 8, 2020, 1:43:33 PM6/8/20
to message_ix
Hi,

I'm a new user on a MacBook.

When I try to run code scenario.solve() in one of the tutorials (Westeros), I receive the following error:

com.gams.api.GAMSException: GAMS system directory is both not specified and not found from your environment!

As per the installation instructions, to include the path to the GAMS program in the PATH environment variable, I have added the following line to the end of .bash_profile:

export PATH=$PATH:/Applications/GAMS29.1

I am not sure if I have specified the path to the correctly, as I still receive the above error.

Thanks,

Bassam