Demise of Rural-WEB

Richard B

Sep 17, 2008, 2:13:28 PM9/17/08
to Mesh wireless
Some on the list may like to know this:

The Rural-WEB Internet sharing club in north Leicestershire (UK) has
decided to call it a day and will commence to wind down operations at
the end of September 2008. The main reason is the strength of the
wired competition. Members are already swapping to alternative
providers. A couple of the "activists" intend to provide local sharing
services to neighbours (yes, that IS how the English spell it) but not
with any meshing. We will probably start be using the existing Locust
World boxes in our respective attics, moving over to Open Mesh or
other OpenWRT based kit in time.

Ian Salmon

Sep 17, 2008, 3:00:36 PM9/17/08
to mes...@googlegroups.com

Sorry to read your post Richard

Us at www.SnSfeeed.net are still growing even alongside wired broadband. A
lot of our users have access to both.

If you have time to have a natter... maybe useful to both of us!

Cheers,

Ian Salmon

Richard J Bowers

Sep 7, 2010, 10:23:30 AM9/7/10
to mes...@googlegroups.com
Best wishes to anyone still on this list!

I have various outdoor antennae etc. to dispose of:

4 8db omni antennae and some higher gain ones, some on poles with wall
mounting brackets. Also some other poles. No charge. Generally the
cables have been cut.

Some other antennae - see if you want them if you call.

There are also two large dish antennae available.

Working mesh boxes. Say �25 each.

Mesh box cases (may have "dead" innards). �10 each.

Some prism PCI cards and some client devices available.

UK only. To be collected from north Leicestershire - I am NOT arranging
carriage.

Please express your interest to richard [[at]] nomaz [[dot]] co [[dot]] uk

Proceeds will go to charity.