Qorvus QCode alternative

Nick halln@clannet.co.uk

Sep 26, 2007, 4:40:26 AM9/26/07
to Mesh wireless
Hi,

I thought the group may be interested in Qorvus' Qcode. Locustworld
MeshAP variant.

see: http://www.qorvus.com/downloads/Qcode_3.1_setup.pdf

This confirms Atheros will not mesh with Prism and only with another
Atheros.

However, it does what we need for about £100 a box.
I am trying to get more details of what this includes from Tom
Sharples presently.

Regards,

Nick

Phil Thompson

Sep 27, 2007, 3:19:59 AM9/27/07
to mes...@googlegroups.com
Nick ha...@clannet.co.uk wrote:

> This confirms Atheros will not mesh with Prism and only with another
> Atheros.

I was pleased to see it expressed in terms I can relate to :-

"However, since the
stable Atheros drivers radios do not support WDS, two Atheros radios
that are both set up for Master mode will NOT see or associate with
each other."

now it makes sense :)

and tells us what to look out for.

Phil

Helen Anderson

Sep 27, 2007, 3:43:05 AM9/27/07
to mes...@googlegroups.com

Nick halln@clannet.co.uk

Sep 27, 2007, 6:27:10 AM9/27/07
to Mesh wireless

Tom Sharples has confirmed that putting Qcode onto our current MiniITX
meshboxes ought to be fine with a price reduction of bit less tha £100/
node. To maintain upgrades after the 6 months included support there
is a charge, per network, of £25/month which includes email alerts. If
you choose no support, after 6 monthes, you would need £50/node for
an upgrade.
One of our biggst moans with splashd and splash restarts he claims to
have very much improved.

He strongly advocates to move to dual radios

Nick

Nick halln@clannet.co.uk

Sep 27, 2007, 9:10:27 AM9/27/07
to Mesh wireless