Wisper WUMPS: another LW adaption

Nick halln@clannet.co.uk

Oct 8, 2007, 2:05:27 PM10/8/07
to Mesh wireless
I recieved this from Sweden,I'm wondering if we got together there
might be room to negotiate?:

The WisperMesh Lite edition was an early fix for running the LW OSS on
the PC Engines (now obsolete) WRAP platform. LW OSS version did not
(and still does not) fully support the hardware (like the watchdog nor
the Ethernet driver) on that particular board, which made such nodes
very unstable.

We do not support or update the WisperMesh Lite edition anymore,
however.

We have moved on to develop our own (comercial) WisperMesh Pro
platform, with has an independent management system called WUMPS
(Wisper Management and Provisioning System). This enables our
customers to be in 100% control of both the back-end / management
system as well as their Mesh network, and the freedom to host it
either on their own servers or in an co-location of their own choice.

WisperMesh Pro, runs on WRAP, ALIX, and VIA mini-ITX boards and is
developed from scratch, with some of the nice points/features of the
LW as influence. It's based on our own embedded Debian derivate
(WisperOS) running 2.6 Linux kernel and all the latest radio (MadWiFi)
drivers, we support all Atheros based cards (2.4/5 GHz) , multiple
SSID's, multiple radios (currently up to four / node), full layer 2
and 3 routing and full roaming for VoIP applications (eg. the client
keeps same IP if moving between nodes). The splash portal is 100%
replaced by ChilliSpot and supports full ticketing functions with on-
the-fly payments using Premium SMS, Credit card etc. We can also
inject live banners with log-in info and advertisements on an ~1 inch
high banner on each webpage the users surfs to (without destroying or
distorting the original content/functions), this in combination with
multiple levels of bandwidth management enables free (ad-based)
services in combination with premium services, only found on expensive
enterprise/carrier systems.

Please find some more information here:
http://www.wisper.se/shop/index.php?cat_id=11&catname=WisperMesh

The WUMPS management system can be delivered as an appliance
(preinstalled and ready to use out of the box) , as an custom (remote)
installation on an server of your choice or hosted (similar to WIANA)

WUMPS supports multiple map views with real time (AJAX driven) live
system information from all nodes, global configuration and updates,
splash page generation, advertisement management, inventory
management, ticketing creation, graphing engine with system
statistics, alarms (as mail, IM, and via VoIP) and much more. It can
be integrated with our Asterisk based WisperPBX systems for handling
VoIP accounts that can be filled (on-the-fly) with credits, for
creating "telephonecards". Please find some more information here:
http://www.wisper.se/shop/view_product.php?product=WUMPS

Currently we only offer the WisperMesh as pre-built systems (not only
software), but we do work with OEM/volume customers that have based
their products on our platform. We also offer an DevelopersKit for
easy integration of custom functions and features, or we can also
offer custom turn-key applications based on our platform. Please
contact sa...@wisper.se for more information on conditions and prices.

If you have any further technical questions please feel free to
contact me directly as below.

Best regards,
Stefan Karlsson, CTO
ste...@wisper.se

Tom Anderson

Oct 8, 2007, 3:13:18 PM10/8/07
to mes...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

There is a similarity in operation and pricing between wisper , quorvus
and locustworld , but only locustworld has free software and free wiana
, on their pro products.
Their wisperpbx looks like a mini-itx running xorcom rapid , a small
footprint Debian based asterisk, has a live cd and works quite well.

Tom

Nick halln@clannet.co.uk

Oct 9, 2007, 4:06:35 PM10/9/07
to Mesh wireless
Here is the pricing:

The OEM agreements starts at minimum 100 nodes, the price per node is
EUR 50 (£35.50) plus the license for the WUMPS system and the yearly
service agreement (access to updates, and priority support) is 35% of
the current list price equating to £13/month.

NJH