X 86

helen...@googlemail.com

Dec 9, 2007, 4:58:04 AM12/9/07
to Mesh wireless
Struggling to get DD-WRT paid for version to work on x 86, the
ethernet won't bind to the bridge, anyone managed this?

Ian Salmon

Dec 9, 2007, 9:02:03 AM12/9/07
to mes...@googlegroups.com
Hi Helen,

Doesn't really answer your question... but just saw your posting as we start
today trying to get the freshly released new OSS openwrt, ROBIN/BATMAN
release over onto the x 86's. As most know this OpenWRT release with some
bells and rattles is now openly available for reflashing Merakis and Fons..
certainly at SnS we want to be able to reflash all our multitude of compaqs
so that they all mesh on g.... Our thoughts if it works are to use the X86's
for the main gateway and for distance links and infill with the small Meraki
type Accton MR3201's which will be available pre flashed At around $30-$50
each mid/end Jan.

If any members of the group are interested in looking at this new openwrt
release its online now at www.open-mesh.com and if anyone has any time to
try and port to the compaqs it would be great.... as I for one want to
continue using them!!

Ian
www.SussexNetShare.net
www.opensourcemesh.org

helen...@googlemail.com

Dec 16, 2007, 5:26:07 AM12/16/07
to Mesh wireless
We now have this sorted, it was our error! Does help when you look to
see whether you are using straight or cross-over cable!!!

Ian it would be daft of SWBB to look at Merakis and Fons when we
already have got DD-WRT's running well and a network full of them, but
we do pop into the other forum now and again to see how progress is
going and wish you well.

On Dec 9, 2:02 pm, "Ian Salmon" <iansal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Helen,
>
> Doesn't really answer your question... but just saw your posting as we start
> today trying to get the freshly released new OSS openwrt, ROBIN/BATMAN
> release over onto the x 86's. As most know this OpenWRT release with some
> bells and rattles is now openly available for reflashing Merakis and Fons..
> certainly at SnS we want to be able to reflash all our multitude of compaqs
> so that they all mesh on g.... Our thoughts if it works are to use the X86's
> for the main gateway and for distance links and infill with the small Meraki
> type Accton MR3201's which will be available pre flashed At around $30-$50
> each mid/end Jan.
>
> If any members of the group are interested in looking at this new openwrt
> release its online now atwww.open-mesh.comand if anyone has any time to
> try and port to the compaqs it would be great.... as I for one want to
> continue using them!!
>
> Ianwww.SussexNetShare.netwww.opensourcemesh.org

Ian

Jan 6, 2008, 5:57:33 AM1/6/08
to Mesh wireless
Hi all,

Just to keep you posted! Activity at OpenSourceMesh is gaining pace at
the moment. Open Source Meshing Software is out as a beta thanks to
Mike at NetEquality and Antonio amongst others at open-mesh.com!
Porting to i386's at the mo. Intention is, it will be a complete open
source meshing product which any community network operator can use
simply out of the box or to adjust for his/her needs. There will be US/
UK servers and more.

It will be able to operate on various platforms and errr its a lot
simpler to use and manage.We still have our 100 odd MeshAP's up and
running but soon we will be able to migrate as the billing options/
authentication gets sorted.... yes its an exiting time for us
community network operators!

Any ideas and suggestions always welcomed! I realise many are attached
to their DD-WRT's, but those that havent made a switch yet from Meraki/
MeshAP have a nose at the open-WRT.... its very interesting!

Ian

Our public threads are at http://groups.google.co.uk/group/opensourcemesh?hl=en
but as always there are a lot of emails flying around....! Enjoy!