WAP54G and Meraki? (plus how to reset?)

Graham Siener

Nov 24, 2007, 8:10:21 AM11/24/07
to Mesh wireless
Hi all,

Just moved into a new group of apts and have been tasked with getting
everyone connected to the internet. I have a WRT54G running Tomato,
and just ordered a couple of Meraki minis. Additionally I have been
given a WAP54G (flashed w/ dd-wrt micro) to use if I can get it to
work -- the previous owner forgot the password and we can't get a hard
reset/reboot to work.

My question -- what's your advice for working in a heterogenous
environment like this? Should I flash the merakis to OpenWRT and
figure out how to create a mesh across them all? Does anyone know of
a way to pass on MAC addresses through a meraki to allow for the
WRT54G to assign IP addresses (and handle QOS)?

Let me know what you're all thinking, or if you have any insights into
this.

Thanks much,
Graham

Phil Thompson

Nov 25, 2007, 7:51:26 AM11/25/07
to mes...@googlegroups.com
Graham Siener wrote:

> Just moved into a new group of apts and have been tasked with getting
> everyone connected to the internet. I have a WRT54G running Tomato,
> and just ordered a couple of Meraki minis.

What's the layout, how many apartments.

> Additionally I have been
> given a WAP54G (flashed w/ dd-wrt micro) to use if I can get it to
> work -- the previous owner forgot the password and we can't get a hard
> reset/reboot to work.

you may be able to reflash the thing using TFTP to push the firmware at
it as it boots up.

Phil