Re: Happy Software Freedom Day!

1 view

ck raju

Sep 20, 2014, 12:16:11 AM9/20/14
to GNU Lab @ MESCE, mes-fsug, Zak Rogoff, sooraj kenoth
Friends,
We are kicking off "Software Freedom Day" celebrations today with a Quiz programme on *Free Software - Projects and People*. Time is 15:30h and venue would be classrooms (of IT) on the Second Floor, C-Block.

Prizes include exquisite T-Shirts printed with Software Freedom messages, sponsored by Zyxware Technologies, Thiruvananthapuram.  T-shirts are high-quality pure-cotton Raymond material.

Since there are too many prizes (!!!), we would be extending the celebrations by conducting more events in the coming week. Please pass on the message.

Cheers,
CK Raju

On 20 September 2014 01:44, Zak Rogoff <in...@fsf.org> wrote:

Dear CK,

This Saturday, September 20th, people everywhere are getting together to celebrate free software. Install parties, encryption workshops, hackathons, you name it. Here in Massachusetts, FSF Web developer David Thompson is running a getting-started workshop for F-Droid, the free software app repository for devices running Android-based operating systems like Replicant.

Wondering what to do for Software Freedom Day? Take a page out of Dave's book and share your favorite free software application with a friend. What better way to celebrate than exercising freedom 2 of free software's four freedoms with your community? If you're on GNU Social or Pump.io or even Twitter, tell us (@FSF) which application you're sharing with the hashtag #SFD (see our thoughts about Twitter).

This is the eleventh year of Software Freedom Day, and people are holding events in almost 100 countries. Thanks, everyone involved for reminding us how active, creative and inspiring the free software movement is. However you choose to celebrate, have a great Software Freedom Day!

Zak Rogoff
Campaigns Manager

Read this post online at https://fsf.org/blogs/community/happy-software-freedom-day. Image license CC BY 3.0 Jeff Lim and Maxus Media & Software Pte. Ltd. of Singapore and the SFD community.

Follow us on GNU social | Subscribe to our blogs via RSS | Join us as an associate member

Sent from the Free Software Foundation,

51 Franklin Street
Floor 5
Boston, Massachusetts 02110-1301
United States

Unsubscribe from this mailing list.

Stop all email from the Free Software Foundation, including Defective by Design, and the Free Software Supporter newsletter.

--
CK Raju