How to handle income

bobjtls

May 26, 2016, 1:10:12 AM5/26/16
to Merlin2Users
I have a project wherein I need to handle both cost and income. I can see how to include costs but how can I include income. For example, I have an activity that is expected to cost $2,000 but expecting $600 of income. I know I can just make the cost $1,400 but that does not reflect the true state as I want to report total cost and total income to the client so he can cover the remainder.

Is there anyway that Merlin can handle this?

bobj

Vicky Stamatopoulou

May 26, 2016, 5:55:27 AM5/26/16
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
You may insert negative costs(as base cost), this would allow Merlin to calculate with income...you wouldn't however be able to see expected costs and expected income as two different values.

Or...you enter a custom field in which you enter the income.

Are you a Merlin Project user? Merlin Project can total number-currency custom columns for you on summary rows.

Merlin 2 doesn't do anything with custom fields other than allowing you to enter there values.
For further calculations you would need to export as cave and use Excel.

Best regards, Vicky

Sent from my iPhone

Vicky Stamatopoulou

May 26, 2016, 6:03:01 AM5/26/16
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
'Cave'? Autocorrection broke my text, sorry. I meant 'export as csv'

Best regards, Vicky

Sent from my iPhone

Bob Jansen

May 26, 2016, 6:12:04 AM5/26/16
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Vicki will have to go the Excel route as we are a Merlin2 user.

Bobj

---------------
Dr Bob Jansen
Turtle Lane Studios Pty Ltd
122 Cameron St, Rockdale NSW 2216, Australia
Ph (Korea): +82 10-4494-0328
Ph (Australia) +61 414 297 448
Resume: http://au.linkedin.com/in/bobjan
Skype: bobjtls
KakaoTalk: bobjtls
http://www.turtlelane.com.au

 In line with the Australian anti-spam legislation, if you wish to receive no further email from me, please send me an email with the subject "No Spam"
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Merlin2Users" group.