resources attiribute

yann serz

Sep 24, 2014, 5:47:51 AM9/24/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

In the NextDueActivitiesPlusOverdue Report  I would like to add one column with a resource attribute " Rôle"  for each name to appear in column resources  ( screenshot attached)

    Can you help me to do that, inside the plugin script ?
Thanks you and best regards

Yann
capture.tiff

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Sep 24, 2014, 8:12:13 AM9/24/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Does this mean you just want to remove the output of the real resource name (A) and show its role name?
AND be able to output next due activities by role (B)?

For A…
I would not know how to do this in the current next due activities which is implemented as XSLT report as it would require jump from an activity node to a resource node and then to the roles-nodes to find out the role strings.

I have had created a 'next due activities’ variant based in python for another issue. You will find it here:

So one could use this, add following method in the py script:

def assignedResRoles(self):
roles = ""
assignedRes = self.iterItem.valueForKey_("assignedResources")
if assignedRes != None:
for aAss in assignedRes:
aRole = aAss.valueForKey_("role")
if aRole:
roleString = aRole.valueForKey_("title")
if roles:
roles += ", "+roleString
else:
roles += roleString
return roles

Add following line in the wbl when iterating the upcoming activities.
And remove the lines outputting the Resource.

So the result could look like this…

For B…

this needs more thinking.
One would probably start with following report template

and modify to much the output you require.

Best regards, Vicky

<capture.tiff>

yann serz

Sep 24, 2014, 9:16:35 AM9/24/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
hello Vicky,
thx for your prompt answers.
Actually I need the name of resource and the Role name  to appears  on report,  like on attachment below. I create a new column on script
and I would like to see the role of each people resources. I show you my customized report from a basic rapport NextDueActivitiesPlus Overdue Report
Best regards
Yann
capture merlin 1.tiff
capture merlin 2.tiff

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Sep 24, 2014, 9:49:54 AM9/24/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yann,

I attach the report I’ve just created. I hope this helps you further. Best regards, Vicky
NextDueActivities(py)-ResSelection.mrept.zip
Outputsample.png
ReportTemplateListedUnderFile-NewReport-.png

yann serz

Sep 24, 2014, 10:09:46 AM9/24/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks to you but witch one is ?  in your zip file is there a lot of different documents. If you can to send me the syntax and tell me where I
insert that in my report, it will be the best
regards

Vicky

Sep 24, 2014, 11:32:56 AM9/24/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
To install a report template, please proceed as follows

Installation:

  • Download the zip on your mac
  • extract it to get the mrept package (this is a report template)
  • place the contained mrept package under following path of your mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Merlin/Reports
  • (in case you have no “Reports” folder please create it first and pay attention to name it exactly as “Reports”)
  • restart your Merlin and
  • call File > New Report… to find the new report listed

Best regards, Vicky

yann serz

Sep 24, 2014, 4:28:11 PM9/24/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful thanks, can you adapt this on my customized report below ? This reports come from application package. (not library)
Thank you.
Yann

Le mercredi 24 septembre 2014 11:47:51 UTC+2, yann serz a écrit :
Rapporttechnicien.mrept.zip

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Sep 24, 2014, 4:39:32 PM9/24/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I can’t. The report you sent is an XSLT report and I don’t know how to modify it to do what you need.

Best regards, Vicky

<Rapporttechnicien.mrept.zip>

yann serz

Sep 25, 2014, 5:03:50 AM9/25/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I understand, last question ; can you send me a report with the same design to this jointed document ? based on NextDue Act.
Column MS and Statuts not on request , I don't use this parameters.
It would be very nice of your share.
Thanks and best regards

Le mercredi 24 septembre 2014 11:47:51 UTC+2, yann serz a écrit :
report_tech.tiff

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Sep 25, 2014, 5:10:14 AM9/25/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yann,

so you want to keep your original report (which cannot output roles) but remove some columns?
OR… you want me to remove the columns in the custom report I’ve posted here?

Best regards, Vicky

<report_tech.tiff>

yann serz

Sep 25, 2014, 5:39:37 AM9/25/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Yes I want to keep my original report ( like picture) Can you remove "MS" and  "Statuts" and add on last position "Role"  ?
thanks

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Sep 25, 2014, 6:18:04 AM9/25/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Ok, so here you are. Your XSLT report without the status and ms columns.
The role column will remain empty as I don’t know how you could output it by XSLT report means.
Vicky

Rapporttechnicien.mrept.zip
Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 12.16.00.png

yann serz

Sep 25, 2014, 9:03:58 AM9/25/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
I see , many thank's for your job, I am a very bad script developer and I would like to know if you can re program your report :  "next due activities (with res role)" with the same columns and attribute to my report : " Rapporttechnicien ". Not in XSLT but in XML and then you can add the column Role, maybe .
Sorry to insiste about that, I would prefer to make myself but Pyton and XSLT are to much complicated for me.
Best wish.
yann

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Sep 25, 2014, 12:36:37 PM9/25/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yann,

please find hereafter a new version of my template, hopefully in the desired layout.
Per Default it outputs only "next dues”, without priority and completeness. If you need so, you  may however enable the overdues and deadlines as well.

Have fun, Vicky

NextDueActivities(py)-ResSelection.mrept 2.zip
options.png
sample.png

yann serz

Sep 26, 2014, 4:50:37 PM9/26/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vicky,
ευχαριστώ πολύ.....
If it's possible I would like to have each resources name on a row in the same activity. And the Role name to cost side of the resource has which is allotted to it.
You can cut the columns "durée perso" and "global". see my attachment.
After that I thinks it will perfect to communicate with my team.
best wish and have nice day

Le mercredi 24 septembre 2014 11:47:51 UTC+2, yann serz a écrit :
Classeur1.pdf

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Sep 27, 2014, 6:42:34 AM9/27/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yann,
παρακαλώ πολύ :)

This is how it looks like now…
NextDueActivities(py)-ResSelection.mrept 3.zip
Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 12.39.21.png

yann serz

Sep 29, 2014, 3:56:58 PM9/29/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hello Vicky,
many thank's for your job it's wonderful... Do you have tutorials or literature, to learn how to build Merlin reports ?
Have a nice day and best regards
Yann

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Sep 29, 2014, 4:33:42 PM9/29/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yann,

a technical tutorial and some custom reports can be found here:

Best regards, Vicky

yann serz

Oct 17, 2014, 5:40:54 PM10/17/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hello Vicky,
it's me again. Can you add a option " Information " at this report in attachment ? I was trying but it doesn't works.
Thank you very much
Yann

Le mercredi 24 septembre 2014 11:47:51 UTC+2, yann serz a écrit :
Rapporttechnicien.mrept.zip

Vicky

Oct 20, 2014, 6:22:41 AM10/20/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
What exactly do you mean by 'Information'?
The note you can add to any row in your activities view?
Or the information elements?
And you need this be optional? Meaning in the report options, one enables/disables the 'Information'?

Best regards, Vicky

Vicky

Oct 20, 2014, 6:34:09 AM10/20/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
To add the notes column to your report table you can add following in the according wbl file…

To make this output optional you can create a report option 'withInformation' (in the report template's info.plist)

and then wrap the output in the wbl in the conditionals…
<wbl:Conditional condition=withInformation>…</wbl:Conditional>

Best regards, Vicky

yann serz

Oct 21, 2014, 5:23:56 AM10/21/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hello Vicky,
in red Below
Best regards
Yann

The note you can add to any row in your activities view? NO
Or the information elements? YES
And you need this be optional? YES Meaning in the report options, one enables/disables the 'Information'? YES

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Oct 21, 2014, 5:44:33 AM10/21/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
In this case, just call File > New Report > Classic-Report,
In its report options…
enable the ‘information’ table if needed
disable all other tables.

Best regards, Vicky

yann serz

Oct 22, 2014, 6:14:43 PM10/22/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but I need this option (enable the ‘information’ table if needed) inside the report in attachment.
In need to print this report with the "information" table.
Thank you to modify that report, if you can, and send me back.
Best regards
yann
Rapporttechnicien.mrept.zip

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Oct 23, 2014, 9:01:09 AM10/23/14
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Yann,
you don’t need to do all report tables within one report template, to report more information on your project.
You may call all individual reports outputting the information you require,  save in individuals PDFs and forward a PDF collection.

Anyhow please find a new version of the report I provided last time.
NextDueActivities(py)-ResSelection.mrept.zip
report sample.png

techno...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2017, 9:16:40 AM10/27/17
to Merlin2Users
Hello,
inside the report on attachment, I will like to see displaying the name ( in french if possible) of the day, before the number. I did not find syntax for that. thank you to help me
Best regards
Yann
Report copie.xslt
LeReflet-17-18 Rapport_techniciens.pdf

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Oct 27, 2017, 9:22:30 AM10/27/17
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yann,

you can try to edit the dateFormatter…

<xsl:param name="dateFormatter" select="'[D01].[M01].[Y] - [H]:[m]'"/>

to contain the ’F’ parameter, as explained here:

Best regards, Vicky

<Report copie.xslt><LeReflet-17-18 Rapport_techniciens.pdf>

techno...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2017, 4:42:06 PM10/28/17
to Merlin2Users
Hello again,
In fact not , I don't' know why but the name of the day is one day before the date , see attachment…. and script below

<xsl:param name="dateFormatter" select="'[F][D01].[M01].[Y] - [H]:[m]'"/>

tnx for your feedback.
best regards
Yann
LeReflet-17-18 Rapport_techniciens.pdf

techno...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2017, 4:42:06 PM10/28/17
to Merlin2Users
Hello Vicky,
Tank's , it's works . Wonderful and best regards
Yann

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Oct 29, 2017, 8:03:36 AM10/29/17
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, could it be a question when the week starts?
According to this here

'The numbering of days of the week starts at 1 for Sunday, 2 for Monday and so on up to 7 for Saturday.’

Please check and make sure in your Merlin Document settings, that your week starts on Monday. This might be already correcting the output of the report as desired.
Otherwise I don’t know how one could define the start of the week in the report template, I am sorry.

Best regards, Vicky

<LeReflet-17-18 Rapport_techniciens.pdf>

techno...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2017, 6:17:21 AM10/30/17
to Merlin2Users
Unfortunately that does not go. I have choose several days of beginning of the week in the document setting, but that does not have a influance on the report.
It is always registered the day before the planned date…… strange isn't it ?
best regards and thanks for you help.
Yann

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Oct 30, 2017, 7:03:20 AM10/30/17
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Yes very strange because I’ve just tested it on my mac and it always brought the correct day.
I didn’t need to set anything special in Merlin 2 for starting day of the week, had however an english Finder while I did the report.
Now that I have tested your report with a Finder running in French I see your issue, but I don’t know how you can fix this.

I am sorry, I am at my wit's end :-(

Gareth Watson

Oct 30, 2017, 7:24:31 AM10/30/17
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Would this be with the regional settings in the Mac system preferences?

Gareth Watson

Sent from my iPhone - please excuse short responses and typos.

LgoKnowledge Ltd.
Office: (UK) 0203 390 5549
Mobile: (UK) 07866 55 72 50

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Oct 30, 2017, 8:01:25 AM10/30/17
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
It has to be something else…

If I select a french date format it shows wrong days, if  select ‘en' or ‘de’ it works correctly.
Yann, maybe you can search google in french and find the answer to this.

Good luck and best regards, Vicky

techno...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2017, 1:05:54 PM10/30/17
to Merlin2Users
Hello , where did you select the language date format ? I will use in english no problem for my team.
Regional setting on my mac is right. tnx Gareth
thank you for your search and all the best

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Oct 30, 2017, 1:10:18 PM10/30/17
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
On 30. Oct 2017, at 16:21, techno...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello , where did you select the language date format ? I will use in english no problem for my team.

Just check the screenshot… If you modify the output of the “format-dateTime(expectedStartDate,  $dateFormatter )” to “format-dateTime(expectedStartDate,  $dateFormatter, ‘en’, (), () )”
The date will show up the english day name, which is the correct.

Best regards, Vicky

techno...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2017, 11:18:29 AM11/2/17
to Merlin2Users
I Vicky,
I am so sorry brut I can't reproduce your syntax…. Can you check the script in attachment and if you can modify it , that will be cool.
In attachment, the screen shoot to the syntax failed like your model below, inside your last mail.
Thank's for your patience
Best regards
Yann
rapport_screenS.tiff
Report.xslt

Vicky Stamatopoulou

Nov 2, 2017, 11:43:12 AM11/2/17
to merlin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yann,

you had the wrong kind of quotes. In your file it was like () and you need actually single quotes (').

Report.xslt
Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 16.39.00.png