How to show side by side comparison

ravi....@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2017, 7:22:48 PM1/29/17
to Mergely
Hello,

I love mergely. It's a great tool. It shows the correct diff but it is showing the diff one over the other vs side by side comparison. How can I get it to display side by side?

I am using Jquery 2.1.4

Please advice,

Thank you,
Ravi Hasija

Jamie Peabody

Jan 30, 2017, 3:54:41 AM1/30/17
to ravi....@gmail.com, Mergely
Hi Ravi,

Glad you like Mergely.  I think you mean a single view with inline diff?  E.g.

The quick red brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

It's not supported.  I would like to do it, but it would be a difficult change.

Jamie

Ravi Hasija

Jan 30, 2017, 11:47:06 AM1/30/17
to Jamie Peabody, Mergely
Hey Jamie,

Thank you for such a quick response. I was finally able to figure out how to get them to display side by side (my css was conflicting with your css).

I notice couple things (which I am pretty sure are my problem again.

a. The black marker in the budder on the left hand side is showing way above the actually difference.

b. Notice how the bottom 3/4th of the window is cut off. I am trying to fix that via custom css.

But may be you can help me figure out the solution to the above problem or simply point me in the right direction?

Thanks again for such a great tool and your support for it.

Regards,
Ravi Hasija

Ravi Hasija
Sent from Polymail

Jamie Peabody

Jan 30, 2017, 4:08:27 PM1/30/17
to Ravi Hasija, Mergely
Hi Ravi,

I can't really help you there without seeing the actual css.  Maybe have a look at the size example.  You should not have to fight Mergely css, if you are, then some other css is conflicting with it, and the easiest way to find out is to selectively disable styles or chunks of css until you find the offender.

Jamie

Ravi Hasija

Jan 30, 2017, 4:28:02 PM1/30/17
to Jamie Peabody, Mergely
Hey Jamie,

Yes, it’s a CSS issue. I will do as you recommended. I had to change the height to 800 px or 100% in couple places and the UI looks very good now. The only issue remaining is the squiggly is showing up at the same place instead of where the actual differences are. I will try your idea of disabling different chunks and see what happens.

Thank you so much for your help and the tool.

Ravi Hasija
Sent from Polymail