Cannot save .diff

patti...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2017, 12:46:08 PM2/1/17
to Mergely
When I try to do an online diff, I can see the side by side results, but when I try to save the .diff file I am getting a "download Failed - Network error" message, any ideas?

Jamie Peabody

Feb 1, 2017, 2:51:52 PM2/1/17
to patti...@gmail.com, Mergely
What browser are you using?  I just tried IE 11 here and it opens a new tab with the error "The webpage cannot be displayed".

Jamie

On 1 February 2017 at 17:46, <patti...@gmail.com> wrote:
When I try to do an online diff, I can see the side by side results, but when I try to save the .diff file I am getting a "download Failed - Network error" message, any ideas?

Patti Barlow

Feb 1, 2017, 4:47:18 PM2/1/17
to Jamie Peabody, Mergely
using Chrome Version 56.0.2924.76 (64-bit)

Jamie Peabody

Feb 1, 2017, 4:56:10 PM2/1/17
to Patti Barlow, Mergely
Works for me.  Can you explain a little more what happens - does it open a new tab, or does the page navigate to the error page?  Does this .diff download for you?  Is it a big .diff?

Patti Barlow

Feb 1, 2017, 6:31:38 PM2/1/17
to Jamie Peabody, Mergely
Odd - it is working for me now too.

Before I would upload the two files then click the save .diff option and I would get a message at the bottom of the browser (where normally the downloaded file would be) with the message indicated earlier "download Failed - Network error"

I have used the tool successfully before for this type of file. Not sure what happened - but it is good now.

Thank you!

Patti