UFT Pro (LeanFT) and online help

Shane Evans

Jul 12, 2017, 2:02:33 PM7/12/17
to QTP - HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing
Hi everyone!

I just found this group, and wanted to say 'hi!'.

I'm the Director of Product Management at HPE responsible for our Functional Testing solutions, including UFT, BPT, Sprinter and a new offering that is currently in open beta called StormRunner Functional. More information can be found here.

Don't worry, I'm not here to spy on you. I only want to offer our help when needed, and sometimes share information with you regarding upcoming additions or activities, like the above ;)

One question I have for the group. Is everyone familiar with our online help? This was added a few releases back, and is kept up to date with the latest changes and feedback. It's also much easier to search than the old PDFs. I know, welcome to 2017...

Second, have any of you heard of LeanFT? This was added back in 12.5x, and gives a more modern approach to automation similar to Selenium. In fact, we support Selenium in the latest release, and have been spending a lot of time with the Selenium community lately; in meetups, conferences, and more. LeanFT is also included in your UFT license at no additional cost.

Anyways, I look forward to your feedback and hope we can help you in some way.

Thanks for using UFT!

Shane

Surendra Dire

Jul 13, 2017, 2:28:07 AM7/13/17
to mercu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hence,

Thanks for sharing the information. I need some clarity when we say that "In fact, we support Selenium in the latest release". Please elaborate more. Also please mention the name of latest release.

Regards,
Surendra Dire

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "QTP - HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing" group.

Tony Wong

Aug 15, 2017, 8:55:32 PM8/15/17
to QTP - HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing
Hi Surendra,

I am Product Marketing Manager for HPE UFT/LeanFT. Thanks very much for the question.

As part of HPE's commitment to enhancing our test automation coverage, support for DevOps and Agile
methodolgy, and embracing the developer community, HPE UFT Pro (LeanFT) version 14 has included, as part of
the UFT Pro default installation, UFT Pro (LeanFT) for Selenium. This capability allows existing Selenium users to
easily create and execute more robust and maintainable Selenium tests.

In addition, the solution extends and complements the stock Selenium API with additional utilities and features that
can increase user productivity dramatically. An example would be LeanFT's Object Identification Center for Selenium,
designed specifically to allow Selenium users to easily create, test and fine-tune object identification code.
With UFT Pro (LeanFT) for Selenium, users can continue to leverage their existing Selenium tests assets as well as build new test cases.

For more information, please refer to our UFT Pro (LeanFT) Online Help

Thanks for the question.

Tony

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:25 PM, Shane Evans <neoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Ranjan Kumar

Aug 16, 2017, 4:06:26 PM8/16/17
to QTP - HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing
Hi Tony,
Thanks for the update
Yes I have seen and worked on the new Leanft which is like a add-on to uft and plugin to eclipse. In which we can use the features of both uft as well as selenium can be used for mobile Automation.
But my question is why we need to use this tool if we can do everything in selenium for free.
In the part of continuous integration most of the selenium project are running from team city and can easily do as a part of CI.
Then why do we need to buy of licence for this leanft

Do u have any tutorial on this how can we automate different app like window based, Web based and mobile using lean ft
I am interested to see how to automate window based applications.

Thanks
Ranjan

Prasad.L.V

Sep 3, 2018, 2:23:23 AM9/3/18
to QTP - HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing
was looking for UFT production license, can any one guide to whom to reachout?