Welcome to MerbCamp!

Patrick Crowley

Oct 9, 2008, 4:41:25 PM10/9/08
to merb...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to MerbCamp!

MerbCamp is October 11 and 12. The full MerbCamp schedule is here:
http://merbcamp.com/schedule. It's also available for iCal and Google
Calendar.

DIRECTIONS & PARKING
If you're staying at the Sheraton, we recommend parking there... and
just grabbing our MerbCamp shuttle bus (which will take you to
Atkinson Hall).

If you're driving in from elsewhere, there are two parking decks at
UCSD you can use. Parking is free in both... while there is a lot
behind the venue, it's always full on weekends, so we don't recommend
parking there.

Map: http://tinyurl.com/4kzljj

SHUTTLE TO MERBCAMP
We are providing a shuttle bus that will run between the Sheraton La
Jolla and Atkinson Hall (where MerbCamp is taking place). The shuttle
will run in the morning and at the end of each day.

VOLUNTEER
We need a few volunteers to help us set up, break down, and keep
MerbCamp running smoothly. If you'd like to help, drop us a note on
the mailing list. (Showing up early works too.)

BADGE PICKUP
Just pick your badge up when you arrive at MerbCamp. We'll have a
table set up with badges and other goodies.

RECYCLE
Please use the blue cans throughout the venue to dispose of any
recyclables (especially bottles and cans).

AIRPORT SHUTTLE
If you need a ride from the airport to the hotel or venue, we
recommend using one of the available airport shuttle bus services.
The cost is around $30. Full details are here: http://tinyurl.com/3nxehc

WEBCAST
We will be live webcasting our main track on Saturday and Sunday. The
feed uses Windows Media, so if you've got a Mac, you'll need to
install the Flip4Mac plugin so you can view the feed. http://
merbcamp.com/webcast

TWITTER
For MerbCamp updates via Twitter, please follow @merbcamp.

TAGS
Please tag your photos, blog posts, etc. with "merbcamp".

IRC
Join #merbcamp on freenode.net to chime in.

Still have questions? Drop us a line on the mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/merbcamp

nick hammond

Oct 9, 2008, 5:24:50 PM10/9/08
to MerbCamp
What time do shuttles start running in the morning?

Matt Todd

Oct 9, 2008, 6:08:39 PM10/9/08
to merb...@googlegroups.com
And stop at night? I arrive at 10:30 PM tonight.

Matt

Steven Fines

Oct 9, 2008, 7:06:31 PM10/9/08
to merb...@googlegroups.com
They run from when the airport starts accepting flights, usually 5a or so and stop around 1a.

nick hammond

Oct 9, 2008, 7:44:50 PM10/9/08
to MerbCamp
I meant what is the start/stop time for shuttles from the hotel to the
conference?

Patrick Crowley

Oct 10, 2008, 1:11:34 PM10/10/08
to MerbCamp
Here's the schedule for the shuttle buses, Nick.

Saturday:
8-10 am
5-7 pm
8:30-10 pm

Sunday:
8:30-10 am
4-6 pm

On Saturday night, the shuttle bus will start taking folks to the BBQ
around 5:30pm, then drop everyone back at the hotel when we're
finished eating.

-- Patrick