I wanted to let everyone know that the Ruby Midwest 2011 conference
lineup has been announced. I've listed the speakers and talks below,
but check out the Speakers page (http://rubymidwest.com/#speakers
on the website for details.
Register now for this 2 day, single-track, 22 speaker conference for
only $189. (http://rubymidwest.com/#registration
Registration is discounted to $169 for groups of 5 or more.
* Uncle Bob Martin (@unclebobmartin)
* Andy Hunt (@PragmaticAndy)
* Jim Weirich (@jimweirich) - "Does pair programming have to suck?"
* Matt Kirk (@mjkirk) - "Recommendation Engines using Machine
Learning, and JRuby"
* Angela Harms (@angelaharms) - "Does pair programming have to
* Dave Copeland (@davetron5000) - "Make Awesome Command-Line Apps
* Marty Haught (@mghaught) - "Ruby Community: Awesome; Could Be
* Zach Holman (@holman) - "How GitHub Uses GitHub to Build GitHub"
* Avdi Grimm (@avdi) - "Confident Code"
* Ethan Gunderson (@ethangunderson) - "ActiveRecord Anti-Patterns
for Fun and Profit"
* Ola Bini (@olabini) - "Ruby Safari"
* Michael Bleigh (@mbleigh) - "Rails is the New Rails"
* Eric Redmond (@inviite) - "Modern Databases"
* David Czarnecki (@CzarneckiD) - "Final Boss: Ruby/Rails in the
Video Game Industry"
* James Edward Gray II (@JEG2) - "Life on the Edge"
* Noel Rappin (@noelrap) - "Test Your Legacy Rails Code"
* Dr Nic Williams (@drnic) - "High Performance Ruby: Threading
* Ben Scofield (@bscofield) - "Break It Down"
* Matt Hicks (@matthicksj) - "Running Red Hat OpenShift with a
little help from Ruby"
* Rogelio J. Samour (@therubymug) - "No Sudo for You!"
* Joe O'Brien (@objo) - "People Patterns"
* Jacques Crocker (@railsjedi) - "Y U NO CoffeeScript?"
I hope to see you there!