Parameter settings

Poorya Nkh

Dec 10, 2018, 5:58:35 AM12/10/18
to Multi Expression Programming
Dear Dr. Oltean,
I have downloaded the latest version of MEPX software for windows. As you can see in the attached picture, the constant part of the parameters tab is off and I cannot make any changes to this part.
Also, what is the best method to identify these parameter settings values?
I would appreciate if you could help me with these problems.
Best regards
Nakhaee
Capture.PNG

Gonzalo Emmanuel Lescano

Dec 12, 2018, 4:01:32 PM12/12/18
to Multi Expression Programming
Dear Nakhaee
You can try decreasing the operators probability or the variables probability. Automatically the constants probability will change and the constants section will be enabled.

About how to identify these parameter settings values, I think it will depend on what you know about the problem domain or simply trial and error. Maybe you can test if the automatic constants work for you. Maybe Dr Oltean has a better answer.

Best Regrats
Gonzalo