What is the purpose for the server move?

The Emperor

Jan 21, 2003, 9:34:41 AM1/21/03

Can someone explain why the MTM group was moved here? I could understand if
this server required authentication, and only Mensa members could access it,
but that doesn't seem to be the case. Is authentication going to be added?

Thanks,
Bryan

Steve Levinthal

Jan 23, 2003, 5:19:19 PM1/23/03
The news server for Mensa International never should have been referred to
as chicago.us.mensa.org. There always was a newsgate.mensa.org name, it was
just never distributed.

Barring any more hot issues coming up today, I'll have the migration details
up here in a few hours.

Steve Levinthal
Mensa International ServerTeam

On 1/21/03 4:56 PM, in article i59r2v4mcin7tt56a...@4ax.com,
"Mary" <dev...@us.mensa.org> wrote:

> On 21 Jan 2003 08:34:41 -0600, "The Emperor" <now...@here2.com>

> It was not moved here. This is were it had been for several years.
> Other services are already moved off, so the name had to changed as a
> name can't point to two servers at the same time.
>
> Now -- it will be gone by the end of the month as this server is going
> away.
>
> Mary
>

>> Thanks,
>> Bryan

Stick

Jan 26, 2003, 9:44:24 AM1/26/03
Have to smile when the upper two percentile can't manage what is really
nothing more than a "smooth server migration".

You know; Migrate the data, educate the users. Not necessarily in that
order.

Really backs up my theory one should never put membership of Mensa on one's
resume!

John. G. Pollard.
"Everything works if you let it"
J.W. Redfish - Roadie

"Blessed are the moderators, for they shall inherit the..."