Getting better, but now I seem to have an extruder problem

Patrick Brinton

Aug 3, 2015, 6:07:58 PM8/3/15
to MendelMax Support
Printing with MM2 and Bridge Nylon. Trying to print a simple 3 cm cube. It prints the first couple of layers, then stops extruding filament. When I pull out the filament, it looks like the attached picture; seems like it gets stuck and just wears away a section so it will not feed. The filament supply is not obstructed. I am including a picture of the print.
Grateful for any guidance
Patrick

Drew

Aug 3, 2015, 7:50:03 PM8/3/15
to mend...@googlegroups.com
I don't see a picture... :)

Drew

Patrick Brinton

Aug 4, 2015, 10:37:21 PM8/4/15
to MendelMax Support
sorry, forgot the picture, but I seem to have solved my problem on my own! Sometimes just asking the question is enough!

Drew

Aug 5, 2015, 9:55:54 AM8/5/15
to mend...@googlegroups.com
Good stuff, can you share the fix so that others might learn something too?

Thanks!
Drew

Patrick Brinton

Aug 6, 2015, 1:01:17 AM8/6/15
to MendelMax Support
I was not saving the files correctly out of slic3r. For some reason I had got into the habit of saving stl files instead of g code, so the settings were not being properly set. Couldn't figure out why it kept resetting the hotend to 200C so that I had to pause the print and set it to the proper temp. Light dawned! So goodness knows what other settings were wrong! As soon as I saved a gcode file and printed that, things turned out much better! Now if I can just get my nylon to stick to the bed.

Patrick