Buying from Misumi GmbH from the UK?

T i m

Sep 16, 2015, 3:36:16 PM9/16/15
to MendelMax Support
Hi all,

I have recently ordered some extrusions to the UK from Misumi Germany and whilst the order went through and was delivered easy enough, the company that ordered the components for me, seemed to have difficulty paying the account because they don't have a Euro account? <shrug>

I think they eventually went into their bank and requested they pay Misumi in Euros and were charged ~15 GBP for the privilege (on a 70 GBP bill)?

Googling about it looks like Misumi may take Mastercard and that could have been the issue, if they don't have such a thing.

Anyone on this group from the UK, bought from Misumi Germany and have any thoughts and advice on the matter please as we would like to order more items from them soon (smooth rods / bearings etc) and feel there must be a more cost efficient method?

Cheers, T i m

Sean Mitchell

Sep 16, 2015, 3:57:24 PM9/16/15
to mend...@googlegroups.com
When I tried to buy from Misumi Germany, I was shooed away because they only sell to businesses.  I then found motedis, who I have made multiple orders from and they have been great.

They even have a UK shop... http://www.motedis.co.uk/shop/

if you're looking for "the same" as Misumi, then order the I-Type profiles - they are slightly more rounded than misumi ones, but the nuts and everything works

========
Sean Mitchell
echo "zvgp...@tznvy.pbz" | tr '[a-m][n-z][A-M][N-Z]' '[n-z][a-m][N-Z][A-M]'

T i m

Sep 16, 2015, 5:08:57 PM9/16/15
to MendelMax Support
On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 8:57:24 PM UTC+1, muzik` wrote:
When I tried to buy from Misumi Germany, I was shooed away because they only sell to businesses.

Me too. ;-(

  I then found motedis, who I have made multiple orders from and they have been great.

They even have a UK shop... http://www.motedis.co.uk/shop/

Thanks for that. I did actually spot them a while ago and even emailed them regarding what sort of accuracy they could offer on the cut extrusions but I think their reply suggested they may not be as 'precise' as Misumi? (FWIW etc).

if you're looking for "the same" as Misumi, then order the I-Type profiles - they are slightly more rounded than misumi ones, but the nuts and everything works

Thanks for that Sean. No, I have no preferences, outside it all fitting together and working.  ;-)

On that, we will need to get the smooth rods soon (8/10mm) and I see Motedis do these Smooth Rods

Are they the sort of thing that would be ideal / good / ok for a MM 1.5 please?

Cheers, T i m