wiring a nozzle heatsink fan

Patrick Brinton

Jul 28, 2015, 8:04:00 PM7/28/15
to MendelMax Support
I installed an E3D v6 hotend, which came with a fan for the heatsink which they recommend having on all the time. Is there a connector I can wire it to on the Rambo that will achieve this?

Thanks - Patrick

Daniel Wier

Jul 29, 2015, 12:03:23 AM7/29/15
to MendelMax Support, pbri...@sonic.net
Generally, you connect the fan for the hotend to fan1 on the board and allow the firmware to start and stop it with the temp of the hotend.

There are several guides on the internet on how to modify the firmware, but alot of firmware has that built in.

Chris Johnson

Jul 30, 2015, 8:39:46 AM7/30/15
to MendelMax Support, pbri...@sonic.net
Many of us wire it to the board's inbound 12v connection, for a "always on" connection.  If the power is on, the fan is on.  Pretty hard to screw up and forget to turn it on like this.

Digger