Fan not working?

Ben Carter

Jan 26, 2015, 10:59:32 AM1/26/15
to mend...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I've set up a Mendel Max 2 with the rambo 1.3L board, with a fan installed in the Fan0 position of the board. I've double checked the polarity of the fan. The configurations appear to be fine in Marlin but I'm not entirely sure what I should be looking for. The M106 commands don't appear to do anything, and I've tried S0, S100, S255 and several values in between. Setting the cooling settings in Slic3r also does nothing. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ben.

Richard Davies

Jan 29, 2015, 3:57:26 AM1/29/15
to mend...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick check, have you got a 12V fan with a 12V power supply, or could you have a 24V power supply that would pop a 12V fan straight away?

Rich

Ben Carter

Jan 30, 2015, 6:36:53 AM1/30/15
to mend...@googlegroups.com
It's a 24v fan with a 24v power supply. I'm pretty sure both came with the kit. I'll test the fan and see if it's blown.

Patrick Chaopricha

Dec 9, 2015, 5:13:04 PM12/9/15
to MendelMax Support
Has anyone figured out this problem?  I have 24VDC fan with a 24VDC supply as well and sending the commands (M106 S0 or M106 S255) does nothing.  The fan seems to be stuck on as indicated by Red LED3 on the Rambo 1.3 board.  Fan-1 seems to work correctly and turn on when the extruder is at 60C and off when below 60C.  The corresponding LED5 matches this.

Thanks,
-Patrick