Back to the beginning......arrrggg

GrtBaldini

Dec 20, 2015, 7:15:49 PM12/20/15
to MendelMax Support
Howdy folks....
Its been a long while since I fired up my printer.. MM 1.5     Thought I could just turn it on but no... Here are my issues. Over the years I have saved files upon files but cannot get to where I had my Marlin code setup to run the Ramps 1.4. I may have uploaded a bad file and now my printer won't run. Pronterface errors and the only thing I can do is heat up the bed and Extruder. I could move things around manually but now things have halted because of the upload maybe?
If I was going to start at zero, is there software to get me to better things or do I start over with Marlin? Either way I have to relearn how to set it up. I want to recalibrate everything and start from the beginning.
I guess what I want is current software so I know that everything I use will jive with everything else....

Michael Beck

Dec 21, 2015, 1:10:31 PM12/21/15
to mend...@googlegroups.com
have you tried to home the machine?

GrtBaldini

Dec 21, 2015, 4:31:39 PM12/21/15
to MendelMax Support
x, y and z all homed. I tried to print something and an error appeared in pronterface. It was going thru the extrude steps and then had a ? at the end of every command it was showing. Thats when I uploaded a different marlin code to it and now it seams the important one that was dialed in is no longer anywhere to be found. I'm using older marlin and slicer and didn't know if I needed to start over with newer versions or go thru the old ones because my machine is almost 4 yrs old, maybe 3. I checked my stl on netfabb and it came back fixed and that didn't work. Heater and nozzle heated up fine

GrtBaldini

Dec 27, 2015, 1:32:52 PM12/27/15
to MendelMax Support
So I was able to clear the eprom on the arduino and sent the Ramps 1.4 test code. All the motors function as they should. I was worried my power supply died but that is sending 12v like it should. I guess I am going thru my last known script abd hopefully find something. I'm using an old laptop using xp, would that make a difference?

GrtBaldini

Dec 27, 2015, 4:29:29 PM12/27/15
to MendelMax Support
I'm talking to myself now.. LOL
Moved to a different win 7 machine, Newest Arduino software, Marlin and Pronterface. Same thing I get 2 manual button pushes either on x or y in Pronterface and then no movement. Would my board be toast? ... Anybody????

GrtBaldini

Dec 28, 2015, 3:34:59 PM12/28/15
to MendelMax Support
ok well whatever it was using the latest Arduino software with the latest Marlin and Pronterface, kicked it out of its stroke and I'm printing again.

Larry Knopp

Dec 28, 2015, 4:13:32 PM12/28/15
to mend...@googlegroups.com
Baldini!!!

What the hell, man?!
What exactly was it that kicked it out of the stroke?

(Sorry I didn't reply sooner...  been busy as hell and don't check this but on occasion these days...)

GrtBaldini

Dec 28, 2015, 8:56:31 PM12/28/15
to MendelMax Support
whats up there Sir Larry!
I didn't re calibrate a thing only transferred my numbers to the new Marlin code and that's all I know. I will be fine tuning the layers as I want them a bit tighter. Winter finally arrive in Chicago so I'm able to spent some time in the hobby room. My motors sing a different tone with the new code but all is good it seems..... Good to hear from ya

Larry Knopp

Dec 31, 2015, 2:25:12 PM12/31/15
to mend...@googlegroups.com
Nice.
Yeah, switching Marlin versions requires full re-setup.  It's not like doing an in-place upgrade and having values carry over into the new one.
(I actually haven't upgraded the Marlin version on my own personal - original - MM in a *long* time!  Probably over 2 years?  Just for shits and giggles - and something else for me to tinker around with on it - I may just have to do that one day soon.)
Hopefully you'll get 'er all dialed back in and printing like a champ again soon!

GrtBaldini

Jan 1, 2016, 9:35:11 PM1/1/16
to MendelMax Support
I really want to convert my MM into a Kossel but just tinkering with that idea. I guess the none moving bed appeals to me to get a better print. Thats just my thinking these days

GrtBaldini

Jan 5, 2016, 11:20:21 PM1/5/16
to MendelMax Support
Just an update, the printer didn't like being connected to the new pc I had recently built. Dunno why, don't really care as I brought in a different pc and she is a singing her old happy tune as before... Daddy is very happy!
I did create all new files and ditched the old saved config files I had and maybe that had something to do with it... Like I said, I dunno......