Repetier lockups and funnies.

T i m

Mar 8, 2016, 3:13:22 PM3/8/16
to MendelMax Support
Hi all,

We have been happily using the MM 1.5 we (a mate and I built) for a while now and with hardly an issue. We really were using it as a production tool, designing stuff in Sketchup and printing it out.

Just recently it's started becoming less stable and reliable, mainly because of Repetier Host, not showing the object after being sliced (with Slic3r) and miss-behaving in general (like the printer warming up but then not printing).

This afternoon I installed OctoPrint on the same host PC and printed the 20mm 3d cube test across the LAN and it printed fine, so in theory that rules out the Printer, RAMPS, PC / USB and the gcode when sliced on a 'different' (possibly more powerful PC)?

FWIW I have the same model PC as my mate uses as the printer host, a small HP desktop and with the latest RH and Slic3r (and also on W10) I get the exact same issues (not seeing a preview of an image once sliced, if it slices at all).

It seem we aren't alone with plenty of chatter on the net and with the exact symptoms and no real 'solution' that I have spotted so far (I can't find the link now).We also share their obsevation that it will sometimes slice properly first time but not subsequent? ;-(

So my question here is has anyone here suffered the same sort of things and have a solution (or further ideas towards one) please?

Cheers, T i m