MENA Writing Studies Journal Inaugural Call "On Our Own Terms"

Halle Neiderman

Apr 23, 2024, 6:43:46 AMApr 23
to MENAWCA Mailing List

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for cross-posting

MENA Writing Studies Journal is excited to announce the call for our inaugural issue themedOn Our Own Terms: Engaging the Conversation about Writing Studies in the Middle East and North Africa.” The 300-word proposal submission deadline is June 1, 2024.

The full call is attached. Please use this form to submit your proposal

We are an inclusive publication of empirical research, theory, and praxis on writing studies. For the first issue, we invite contributions from scholars and practitioners who are looking for ways to merge the rich, multifocal nature of the field with the experiences of MENA students and writing programs that originate from the needs and concerns of this social, cultural, and political context.

We seek conceptual pieces of up to 3000 words and full-length articles up to 7000 words on translingualism, transnationalism, literacy studies, technology mediation, writing center work, writing program administration, WAC/WID, assessment and placement, writing and the community, processes and production, and other topics relevant to pedagogies and theories of writing across languages in the MENA region and with students in the diaspora.

Along with presenting the attached call, we invite you to visit our website: MENA Writing Studies Journal.

Please email us off-list with inquiries. We look forward to your contributions for this issue and subsequent volumes.

Best,

MENA Writing Studies Editorial Board

menawriti...@aub.edu.lb

MENA Writing Studies CFP On Our Terms.pdf