Fw: [memphisfreethought] MFA Roundtable: Fielding the Big Questions, Sunday, March 20th

Robert

Mar 16, 2016, 3:20:09 PM3/16/16
to MFA Forum

Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:55 PM
Subject: [memphisfreethought] MFA Roundtable: Fielding the Big Questions, Sunday, March 20th

As Freethinkers, we have all had to field those central questions which both define and challenge our worldviews:

  • What is a Freethinker?  What is Freethought?
  • How can you not believe in God?  The evidence is all around you!
  • All life is related and ultimately arose from a common ancestor.
  • Christian values are the basis of our government.  What about all those government buildings, memorials and monuments with Christian themes?
  • How can we be sure climate change is because of humans?  It could just as easily be a normal fluctuation...

... the list goes on...

Join Memphis Freethought Alliance members and friends in a group forum exploring how to engage with allies, opponents and those in between.

Sunday, March 20th, 1:30 pm, at the

Benjamin Hooks Main Library,

3030 Poplar Avenue, Memphis

Our answers are as varied as our views...

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.
- Socrates

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail App
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use, Yahoo Mail app today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Post message:  memphisfr...@yahoogroups.com
Memphis Freethought Alliance Web Site
http://www.geocities.com/memphisfreethought

.