Fwd: [Memphis Freethought Alliance] New message from Evan Comeaux

Dr. Daniel R. Bowden

Sep 29, 2015, 10:56:19 AM9/29/15
to memphisfreeth...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Facebook" <notificati...@facebookmail.com>
Date: Sep 29, 2015 5:40 AM
Subject: [Memphis Freethought Alliance] New message from Evan Comeaux
To: "Daniel Bowden" <sud...@gmail.com>

Conversation between Memphis Freethought Alliance and Evan Comeaux
Evan Comeaux
Evan Comeaux 5:10am Sep 29
Hey there!
My girlfriend Laura was at your Merchants of Doubt meeting this past weekend and mentioned my desire to present on a topic for MFA.
I also attended the talk by Yasir Kazi which I very much enjoyed
I've long been interested in the public health issue of water fluoridation
i've researched it for over 5 years and have presented on it previously for student groups at UAB
I have a PhD in Pharmacology & work as a biomedical researcher
Evan Comeaux
Evan Comeaux 5:13am Sep 29
Please let me know if you'd be interested and let me challenge the conventional wisdom with recent scientific evidence and logic

See All Messages

Sent from Facebook.
Facebook, Inc., Attention: Department 415, PO Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA 94303

Martin Atkins

Sep 29, 2015, 12:19:44 PM9/29/15
to MFA Discussion Board Public

Does anyone know anything about him? He seems like a good candidate based on what little I know, but we've had some interesting speakers in the past that we didn't research.

--
Disclaimer: This MFA Forum is a public site and does not necessarily express the official opinion of Memphis Freethought Alliance, Inc. or its members. Posters on this forum include MFA members as well as non-members. People are encouraged to give their honest opinion about ideas and critique other people's ideas and not to attack people personally. Please keep posts open, honest, and civil. Please review the the rules and guidelines to this forum: http://www.memphisfreethought.com/DiscussionForum.html (copy and paste the web address into your browser if necessary)
---

Leo E. Alessi

Sep 29, 2015, 12:49:56 PM9/29/15
to memphisfreeth...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone seriously believe water fluoridation is a public health issue?

“Those who will not reason are bigots, those who cannot are fools, and those who dare not are slaves.”

Martin Atkins

Sep 29, 2015, 12:54:11 PM9/29/15
to MFA Discussion Board Public

Does anyone know his stance?  What if we all agree with him?

Robert

Sep 29, 2015, 11:48:00 PM9/29/15
to memphisfreeth...@googlegroups.com
On what I know now, I’d say it is a matter of not having a good reason for having too much fluoride added to drinking water.  I think there are benefits, but at what level?  Older research points to benefits concerning tooth decay; newer points to pitting of enamel at too high concentrations.  That’s a cursory interpretation at best.  Paging Dr. DB.....

Martin Atkins

Oct 14, 2015, 4:31:04 PM10/14/15
to MFA Discussion

What is the update with this?

Martin Atkins

Oct 19, 2015, 2:43:47 PM10/19/15
to MFA Discussion Board Public

Are we doing anything with this speaker? I think that we were going to ask him some details, see if he had examples, or what? His speil is about flourine being harmless for most of the population but in poor areas that have lead, flourinate water can enhance lead absorption in the body, so flouride can cause harm under certain conditions.

Tom

Oct 20, 2015, 9:40:38 PM10/20/15
to memphisfreeth...@googlegroups.com
Poor areas also have virtually no dental coverage which can be harmful to human health too or even fatal.